Got a start with a alarm company - reading material.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalit

Reaction score
Hey, one of my dads mates said he can take me on for a few weeks as a labourer. He runs a alarm company.

Will be good to put on my CV as a bit of experience while I'm looking for a apprenticeship.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could reccommend some good reading material as I have absolutely 0 experience and probably couldn't even wire up a plug atm. Don't want to walk in to the job clueless.

Cheers Applaud Smiley

evening Binks, have you got that website you have mentioned ?????.

regards NWDS

Anyone else wondered how alarm cables managed to get past the harmonized colour changes? or is it just that alarm installers cant be trusted with another wiring colour scheme?!

just imaging, brown, black, grey, blue, dark brown, light black, dark grey, light blue....

As a labourer you will probably be helping to lift flooboards, drill holes and run cables neatly. Pay attention because a big part of any electrical work is just that and the skills will help you a lot in the future.

Blag some manuals from the boss and ask loads of questions!

and if your boss does something to annoy you, you could always try wiring stuff like this

dishnetwork.jpg

Not my pic - found it on the net a while back.

Or you could always take cable through everything in loft - paint tin handles, spokes on any bike wheels, through back of chairs... anywhere that itll be a nightmare to remove!

and if your boss does something to annoy you, you could always try wiring stuff like this
dishnetwork.jpg

Not my pic - found it on the net a while back.

Or you could always take cable through everything in loft - paint tin handles, spokes on any bike wheels, through back of chairs... anywhere that itll be a nightmare to remove!
You don't have to be a trainee to do that, many very experinced alarm engineers run cables like that as a matter of course!

You don't have to be a trainee to do that, many very experinced alarm engineers run cables like that as a matter of course!
Yes you take the trouble to keep your elv cables seperate to your lv cables and then the wa....rs come along and put them through your holes and run them next to your lv cables.

Batty

:(

Latest posts