Gov looses appeal. FIT back to 43p until March 3rd

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any more news on the DECC appeal to the supreme court?I haven't found anything to actually say they have lodged an appeal yet.

All I have found was one reference to a date of 22nd February as the deadline for lodging an appeal.

Any more news?

I see for those on the 43.3p rate, it's just been increased to 45.4p
Dave they Lodged the appeal. It was on buisnessgreen website 22 Feb.

I am in same position as you and hope they get turned down.

As for the 43p rate as I understand it, we all got that till March 1st then it will drop to 21p until legal case is sorted.

Dave they Lodged the appeal. It was on buisnessgreen website 22 Feb. I am in same position as you and hope they get turned down.

As for the 43p rate as I understand it, we all got that till March 1st then it will drop to 21p until legal case is sorted.
No, I saw it written down somewhere else, that the December 12th to March 3rd installs will continue getting 43p (now 45p) until the appeal is heard, then only if the appeal is successful, will it be reduced to 21p, and then only from the date of the outcome of the appeal.

I really hoped they wouldn't bother pursuing this. They achieved their objective of drastically slowing installs after December 12th. Surely there can't be that many installs between December 12th and March 3rd? (anyone got any figures?) so one would have thought the savings if they win the appeal would probably barely cover the legal costs in continuing with the appeal.

:slap

well I know for sure that my old firm has been selling systems right up until now and promising it will be at the higher rate for its lifetime,

even after he rang me and I said I wasnt so sure about that.

:slap well I know for sure that my old firm has been selling systems right up until now and promising it will be at the higher rate for its lifetime,

even after he rang me and I said I wasnt so sure about that.
They gambled and it paid off. Lucky for them.

I'm glad the government are drawing a line under this. I had feared they might pursue it to some European court.

I would still be interested to know how many installs were completed between December 12th and March 3rd to try and work out how much this has cost them.