Growatt and home assistant

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Hunter

Reaction score
Is home assistant easy to set up?
I have a new similar set up. 8kw panels, 20kw growatt ace batteries 6kw sph6000 inverter zappi and an enyaq.

I turned off the IO for now after only three days usage but on the zappi I have been trying to use eco+ to get the solar usage. Seems to work for a short time then stops, maybe a cloud or house usage makes a dip in available power. Only thing I can do is unplug then replug in car to get it to start again. Tried eco last night and I can use it to take power from the battery during the night as still free electricity from the solar.

Just trying eco now to see if that will run a higher KW from solar and take from the grid or battery but only just connected at 6pm so will know soon what is doing.

Shine app always seems quite far behind would love something live hence wondering about this home assistant you were talking about. Thanks for any help

Split from hi-jacked thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol none taken at all. it's a good starting point to try and understand the best way to set things up to keep the bills down and also get the info I want. At present seem to be using sunshine app,zappi app and Skoda app to try and work out everything with probably a vaillant ASHP app next week. There has to be a better way so hopefully HA is it.

Lol none taken at all. it's a good starting point to try and understand the best way to set things up to keep the bills down and also get the info I want. At present seem to be using sunshine app,zappi app and Skoda app to try and work out everything with probably a vaillant ASHP app next week. There has to be a better way so hopefully HA is it.
Whatever you want to do in home assistant, somebody, somewhere will have done it and published the how to. Theres a good facebook group worth joining and reach out there for help. I run mine on a miniature Dell PC, it only consumes 23w so it's not a big deal, it controls everything - battery storage on my Victron system, displays the status of the Growatt and battery / solar etc, controls 2 EV wall boxes and 13 air condition units around the house. I havent go to controlling the gas boiler yet but thats on the list.

Latest posts