growatt battery problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fox1e

Reaction score
I am a novice with all things solar but I am a retired electrician. I have self installed a growatt sph5000 and a growatt 6.5kw battery. My problem is my battery is only discharging to 50% but then reverts to mains supply.

My settings are as shown

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's not working as it should be.
Thanks
IMG_3266.jpg

IMG_3267.PNG
IMG_3268.PNG

Look in the settings from a PC NOT the APP.

You should see something like this

Growatt Settings.png

A few things to note with Growatt SPH
1) Around sunrise and sunset (when your panels start and stop providing power), the inverter wont run at all and import will take place no matter what your battery state is.
2) If youre using a CT for sensing import / export theyre rubbish around 0, a meter is a much better bet.
3) Your SPH even though rated above 3kW will only supply a maximum of 3 kW on battery power.

View attachment 15878

1) Around sunrise and sunset (when your panels start and stop providing power), the inverter wont run at all and import will take place no matter what your battery state is.
2) If youre using a CT for sensing import / export theyre rubbish around 0, a meter is a much better bet.
3) Your SPH even though rated above 3kW will only supply a maximum of 3 kW on battery power.

View attachment 15878

I copied your settings and so far so good. I have noticed though that in the evening the battery shows reserved mode, is that right? Thank you for your help

Attachments

• IMG_3269.png
    IMG_3269.png
    228.1 KB · Views: 1