Growatt Solar vs Load Consumption

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pakesy

Reaction score
Hi there,

I had my system installed just 2 months ago, and have noticed that my solar production has exactly matched the Load Consumption daily every since. Even at times in which I've been away on holiday and noone has been at home. I'm just wondering if this is an App issue or system issue, and any advice would be welcome:)

Hi there,

I had my system installed just 2 months ago, and have noticed that my solar production has exactly matched the Load Consumption daily every since. Even at times in which I've been away on holiday and noone has been at home. I'm just wondering if this is an App issue or system issue, and any advice would be welcome:)
Set for 0 export on the inverter?

Set for 0 export on the inverter?
I have 0 idea how to check for that but can find out. If it is, would that mean the data would exactly match because everythings going back into the home? I've attached screenshots to show the last few days with SP and LC shown individually

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230403_200611_ShinePhone.jpg
    Screenshot_20230403_200611_ShinePhone.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230403_200616_ShinePhone.jpg
    Screenshot_20230403_200616_ShinePhone.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230403_200624_ShinePhone.jpg
    Screenshot_20230403_200624_ShinePhone.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230403_200632_ShinePhone.jpg
    Screenshot_20230403_200632_ShinePhone.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 0
I have 0 idea how to check for that but can find out. If it is, would that mean the data would exactly match because everythings going back into the home? I've attached screenshots to show the last few days with SP and LC shown individually
That looks like you have an export limit of zero set so the solar can only match demand at best, once your batteries are charged it cant export any excess energy. You can check if the export limit has been set by using the shine software on a PC rather than the app, go into setting and look for export limit (see screenshot of mine, 4th up from the bottom).. You may need to check if export is allowed by your DNO, how long have you had the system?
Growatt Settings.png

That looks like you have an export limit of zero set so the solar can only match demand at best, once your batteries are charged it cant export any excess energy. You can check if the export limit has been set by using the shine software on a PC rather than the app, go into setting and look for export limit (see screenshot of mine, 4th up from the bottom).. You may need to check if export is allowed by your DNO, how long have you had the system?
View attachment 15199
Hi!

I've found the Export Limit bit etc but it just flags up unauthorised and have to put in a password, which my only app one isn't it. I've got the guys coming round today because they say there's something not right with my battery anyway so will ask them about it and see!

It was installed on 31st of January this year.

Hi!

I've found the Export Limit bit etc but it just flags up unauthorised and have to put in a password, which my only app one isn't it. I've got the guys coming round today because they say there's something not right with my battery anyway so will ask them about it and see!

It was installed on 31st of January this year.
The password is the date backwards eg today it would be 20230404

Last edited:
Tried 20230404 and just says 'please enter correct password for setting'....

Try growatt20230404 (for today)
Yes, that worked!! And it is set to off so I assume I need to change this to on and it'll correct itself from there? Or are there further steps?

Thank you so much for this help!:)

Yes, that worked!! And it is set to off so I assume I need to change this to on and it'll correct itself from there? Or are there further steps?

Thank you so much for this help!:)
I have not used that setting but I think if its set to off then you can export, however the settings system for Growatt is, in my opinion terrible, and I don't trust what its says on that screen. Personally I would go into settings, enter the passcode at the bottom, then click on 'Advanced Set' then you will get a new button called 'Read' to the left of that in the dropdown select 'Exportlimit enable' and click the Read Button, it will then retrieve the value and display it.

Locked to prevent being hi-jacked (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts