Hash Tag

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing this phrase in the media.........do I need to know  what it means or would it be better to travel on in ignorance ?

I think I'm entering the "Slightly bewildered " phase of life now . 

Theres a Radio 4 programme called " I've never seen Star Wars"   based on this syndrome.      I am a founder member ...I know that the Jedi keep returning  and a Princess of whom Eric Clapton sings  but thats it . 

I'm a fan of  Star Trek ..but...only the original one with the shaky scenery , the pathetic aliens , Captain T Kirk & Miss Uhura's thighs . 

Prince came & went  & left me unmoved I'm afraid..

I've never seen the Simpsons .  :(   But I've seen Family Guy. :)

Hate Top Gear  but like Car SOS .

Sometiimes I 'm watching a quiz show and I say to Mrs Deke " Why are all the contestants so ebulliant & full of themselves ?"     Its because its a celebrity version but I've never heard of any of them .

Other TV non events are Emmerdale Farm  &  the Cockneys who wake up each day and argue with everyone they meet , often killing them ,    and endless dreary people cooking stuff . 

Coronation Street , well everyone knows that .... its a Black & White , gritty , northern soap opera with Elsie Tanner & Ena Sharples in it , quite good , not seen it for a while.

And so to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Hash tag was a variation on Hash Browns!

the only Anti Social,media I use is TEF!

wife set me up a Face ache page....never used it BUT she accepted 7 friend requests on it for mr before i even knew i had a page. Not even friends with her or our 3 Children on it, or my two,best mates!.....I have NO friends

got a Linkedin page which i dont use either

just sharpening the old quill pen

Microsoft just bought Linkedin. they paid the equivalent of £147 PER USER for it.

How do you think they are going to recover their £147 investment from YOU?

Sure I read something on the lines of them having bought Linkedin to avoid paying tax elsewhere?

As far as I'm concerned they screwed Skype up when they bought it. It can be grief on Linux platforms in terms of support for a start. Asks if you want to "upgrade" and you say no. Mid-way through typing a message it starts upgrading.

Canoeboy said:
And then MSOffice gets a Linkedin look so you can link with work friends whilst doing an excel sheet

Could this be the downfall of Office ?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-13/how-microsoft-thinks-office-can-help-linkedin-and-vice-versa

I bloody hope so. Just installed that Office 365 at work. Now clicking on a Word or Excel file and it opens up in the Office 365 version rather than the "local" copies of Word etc. Easily fixed but just a pita. Will be uninstalling Office 365 shortly.

I love Libre tbh. I can do all I want in that.

Hashtag is a twitter term. To hashtag something means to send a copy of that tweet into a sub-area where other people have hash-tagged the same word. For example - "#MerryChristmas to you all". That tweet would appear on your timeline and a time line full of other tweets that have had the word Merry Christmas hash-tagged. 

Do not underestimate the power of Twitter and LinkedIn for your business. If used properly they can really be good for business. 

Do not underestimate the power of Twitter and LinkedIn for your business. If used properly they can really be good for business. 
But YOU don't have to do any of it yourself.

I have had quite a few new customers where they just ask on their chosen social media site "do you know a good electrician" and my name has been suggested.

But YOU don't have to do any of it yourself.

I have had quite a few new customers where they just ask on their chosen social media site "do you know a good electrician" and my name has been suggested.

That maybe Facebook. Twitter and LinkedIn you are in more control.