Heads up needed to a light fixture anomaly.. sorted

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willdb

Reaction score
Hi all
I recently put a new light switch on the other side of the door for a friend and connected into the old cable just before it entered the ceiling to feed the existing multi pendant (3no) light fixture. Tested it after wiring and worked fine. Less than a week later, she sends a video over where she switches the light on ad one pendant isn’t working. She switches it off and the said pendant then lights for about 3 secs before slowly dying off.. I’m hoping one of the connections in the new switch is iffy..
any ideas for when I go back?

Last edited:
Hi all
I recently put a new light switch on the other side of the door for a friend and connected into the old cable just before it entered the ceiling to feed the existing multi pendant (3no) light fixture. Tested it after wiring and worked fine. Less than a week later, she sends a video over where she switches the light on ad one pendant isn’t working. She switches it off and the said pendant then lights for about 3 secs before slowly dying off.. I’m hoping one of the connections in the new switch is iffy..
any ideas for when I go back? (Video attached below)

cheers
Swap the lamps around and see if the fault stays on the same arm or if moves with the lamp, if it moves with the lamp replace the lamp, if not check the wiring in the pendant.

As above but also if they are LED bulbs, they could be suffering from "interference" from other drivers on the same circuit. Having spare halogen bulbs is handy in such situations

Latest posts