Impressed With Sbs Rcbo's

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave2

Reaction score
Just fitted my first bit of gear from SBS Dave.

Replaced a 100mA TD / 30mA split board with 14  DP RCBO's (suppply is TT) and I must say I am really impressed with the finished job.

The entire board is so much neater and was simple to install. Any future fault finding would also be much easier as all the cables are easily identified.

Will definatley be using again.

Enclosed are the before and after pictures.( some cable tidying still to do outside the board).

Also attached is what the customer found when he returned from holiday--shower,UFH and fan isolators, 2x fcu and ufh thermostat all in a neat row!

How do I attach photos? 

I would suggest NOT setting up a photo bucket account

As a bronze member you need to keep photo sizes below 500K - So run them through some resizing software or resize the image in photshop or similar

Use the forum upload facility and upload them to the forum directly

That ways it is 

1. Faster to serve the photos

2. Photos will always be on the forum and not dead links to deleted photos on some off site photo software

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi dave2

Just to clarify the situation, as I understand. It.

The board in the photo is the original one, from which you have removed main switch, RCD and MCBs,

You have installed the SBS main switch/Compact RCBO / busbar assembly, which came to you completely assembled and ready to clip on the DIN rail. After that, it was quite simple to connect all the existing circuits back and in an order that satisfied your customer.

Why throw away the existing DB if it is in good condition ? Just use the existing board as you did.

Looking forward to seeing your other photos.

SBS Dave