karizma plus fault

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1784rf

Reaction score
hi i have a karizma plus system in and old school i want to upgrade to a modern setup i have two keypads 7 door sensors 15 room sensors all wired in i want to try and keep the wiring the building is about 5,000sqft thanks

I assume your system has the biscuits to identify each detector which will limit your choice
If your system does have iD biscuits then a Texecom Premier Elite panel with a 60iXD expander would be your easiest upgrade option

iD biscuits were very clever for their time, you could literally daisy-chain up to 30 devices on one cable and the panel would recognise all iD biscuits, or you could star them, or a mixture of both. They ceased to be made in 2004.

Yes you can get "modules" for some panels that will read and understand iD biscuits, just like UNG said, but what you can't get is new iD biscuits, so I would suggest you tell your customer the truth that if/when any of them fail you have to remove that device from the system, and it would be in the customers interest to re wire the system now while they still have a (old) working system, than for it to fail, and HAVE to re wire it. That way, you get to install a panel you are familiar with, and everyone will be happy.

I assume your system has the biscuits to identify each detector which will limit your choice
If your system does have iD biscuits then a Texecom Premier Elite panel with a 60iXD expander would be your easiest upgrade option
hi would i be better changing all the sensors including the door switches which ones would work with the texecom
would i still need the expander

The suggested expander is only used to interpret what the iD biscuits are saying, so no, you would not need THAT expander if you re-wired it as required.
As for changing the devices, that is up to you. If they are very old or damaged then yes change them, iD biscuits are not integral to 99% of devices.

Sorry to say this, but I can't help but wonder, would you be better off passing the job to an alarm company, let them worry about it, and the programming and the comms etc.