Lutron Rania Dimmer Replacement?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkman

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my house is equipped with Lutron Rania dimmer switches throughout and after a lot of research, I have learned that these are incompatible with LED lights. Technically you could put a "dummy load" in the circuit but I don't want to do that as it removes the primary reason to put in LED lighting - to reduce energy usage. So I'm looking for a replacement.

The tricky part of this is that Rania switches have a remote dimmer. At least half of the lights in my house are implemented this way including several dual switches where the remote dimmer is actually the more convenient to use. Replacing the single dimmer lights is simple enough but I'd like to keep the same type of switch throughout the house. If it matters, they are polished chrome and match well with the Schneider Electric "on off" switches that are installed in a few places.

So to recap, I'm looking for dimmer switches that work with LEDs, have a remote capability, fit in a standard single UK back box, and have a polished chrome option. I'm not optimistic after doing my own research but perhaps someone can recommend something I haven't found?

Thanks in advance.