Milwaukee M18 Fuel 6 Piece Combo Kit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dii

Reaction score
Hi all im gonna purchase an 18v combo kit, i was thinking Milwaukee M18v  Fuel  6 piece set,consists of all 18volt= drill, sawzall, grinder, impact driver, sds drill, flashlight, 2 x 3ah batteries, charger and tool bag, im getting all for 640 pounds all in (buying kit in sydney as im living there) my related questions are, 1.When i move home (ireland) will the cold weather effect tools. 2 Is this the best kit size to go for by the way money is not an object as i want this to be a good investiment. 3 Pros and cons of this combo kit. Im an electrician by trade and my work will involve, industrial work mainly also commercial and domestic from time to time, working with steel conduit, trunking tray etc, drilling holes in steel from 2/14mm hss bits 20/50mm hole saws = mainly steel trunking, some wood, screws, tec screws, masonary from 6/25mm cutting pipe 20/25 etc.Can u advise me if im making the correct choice here please.

Many Thanks

Desmond

IIRC the sds retails at around the £500 mark, its the one with the quick change chuck I have,

if I could get that set at that sort of money Id let the wife go hungry to get the money for it.

Steps I paid £179 for bare unit complete with quick change chuck, £30 for case and £50 per battery. Didn't bother with charger as had that from the drill and impact set.

Have you brought both sets separately?

I got a really good deal on my sds, came with 2x3red batteries and case for well under 300,

where the frick are you getting batteries for 50£ at?! :eek:

I would buy some bare kit if I could get batteries that cheap, sometimes I dont have access to electric all day, and I havent went the route of inverter and leisure battery yet.

yep, bought both seperately, at intervals.

MILWAUKEE HD18HX-32 18V SDS+ HAMMER DRILL,IS IT A GOOD DRILL FOR INTENDED PURPOSE AND WHATS BATTERY LIFE LIKE, JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF U HAVE THIS DRILL AND COULD REVIEW IT FOR ME PLEASE?? ILL BE WANTING TO USE IT FOR THE ODD 25 MM MASONARY  BUT MANILY 6/12MM CHEERS

Binned the old Dewalts long ago & now use Milwaukee 18v drills.............the latest addition being the 28v HD28HX sds hammer & box + chuck & a 28v HD28PD with 18v-28vcharger ...............secondhand and all for the price of supplying/fitting 4x fgLED7's & the purchase of a new 28v battery as one of the originals only gave 20 mins of use.

Yes.

It is deceiving, as it doesn't sound as powerful as the others but this is due to it being both brushless motor and pneumatic rather than pin operated. So you do not need to put as much pressure on it as you would with the pin operated. If you do you will damage the pneumatics within it. However it has been compared to be as powerful as the Bosch 36v. The other makes are just starting to develop the pneumatic element for their drills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.

It is deceiving, as it doesn't sound as powerful as the others but this is due to it being both brushless motor and pneumatic rather than pin operated. So you do not need to put as much pressure on it as you would with the pin operated. If you do you will damage the pneumatics within it. However it has been compared to be as powerful as the Bosch 36v. The other makes are just starting to develop the pneumatic element for their drills.
Cheers Mate i think ill go for the 11pc kit comes with 4 x 3.0 ah Batteries for  1200 pounds i think its agood deal at that

Latest posts