Minor Works or EIC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal Roberts

Reaction score
New garage supply from 13a FCU on ring , 32 60898 , 80a split 30ma , Circuit is as goes  Spur (from exisiting Ring) to Outside double socket garden- then to shed DP isolator - x2 sockets , then FCU to 5a for LED fluorescent - 12 metre run spur to fluorescent 2.5 and 1.5  , i would say minor works as there is no junction box connections en route , straight from FCU to garden socket then to DP isolator in garage, any help would be appreciated 

also, pet hate (almost on a par with cable tye ends not being cut off!)......red plugs showing through boxes when they have not been completely knocked through

Incorrect sized holes drilled...

Or incorrect sized plugs used....

Bigger drill or yellow plugs maybe???

:coat

Back to the OP...

as has been said...  Its not a new circuit back to the CU so MWC is more than adequate.

But if you really really wanted to an EIC could be used....

bottom line: An EIC can be used for anything and everything if you are that way inclined...

Whereas a MWC is limited to just alterations & additions to existing circuits.

Guinness

Ok....my 2pence worth....

is that a FCU OR a 20 A DP!switch?

if a DP switch how are you fusing down for the light?

also, pet hate (almost on a par with cable tye ends not being cut off!)......red plugs showing through boxes when they have not been completely knocked through

just saying

No **** it's a DP switch I hadn't zoomed in....

Was using Hilti plugs (5.5) for ages then Imagine my horror when I returned to using cheapo red raw plugs. 

:eek:

blunt chisel usually takes care of it but it's a bit pikey,

just saying
I know what you mean about leaving bits of rawlplugs showing. We know the length of the plug, but we don't know whether the screw has an unthreaded shank, so the screwthread might only be biting for 5-10mm.

Can't see a use for a PIR in a shed, can on a stairway. What if you stand/sit still?

Edit; if using an EIC for minor works, you only need include the information required for the MWEIC, excellent opportunity for copious use of N/A over 4 pages of the new niceic certs.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going to mount a PIR directly next to the flou (assuming that's what the box is for) then why not just fit a flou with integral motion detector?

to be brutally honest the whole job appears to have quite a strong odour of 5ww about it. 

customer supplied all the parts , its a 20a dp isolator , then i go to second socket other side of the room then to FCU to 1.5 to PIR 

and had 5.5 on RAWLS red , very tight in brick, didn't have a 6mm SDS handy  

i take the 20mm conduit to ceiling line and over to other side of garage wall , then to FCU then to PIR then to LED  

IMG_0372.jpg

why is there 1/2 a metre of cable sticking out of the conduit when the fcu is only a few inches away?

Also why the plastic fcu / suface box and a metal clad socket?
the fella wanted 2 sockets adjacent to each other then decided 1 on other side of room 

heres the PIR, 360o also and only 1 door in brick garage so located ideally

IMG_0120.jpg

Dal Roberts said:
heres the PIR, 360o also and only 1 door in brick garage so located ideally

IMG_0120.jpg
live out to PIR L-in out to L-Load , ago the newts and CPC in mita conduit box , no more pull cords or switching , thats what the fella wanted thats what he got , this model has up to half hour for musical statues ;o) if you want to play it 

Wago the newts and CPC . bleeding intelligent text on the mac X(  

Incorrect sized holes drilled...

Or incorrect sized plugs used....

Bigger drill or yellow plugs maybe???

:coat

Back to the OP...

as has been said...  Its not a new circuit back to the CU so MWC is more than adequate.

But if you really really wanted to an EIC could be used....

bottom line: An EIC can be used for anything and everything if you are that way inclined...

Whereas a MWC is limited to just alterations & additions to existing circuits.

Guinness
thanks cheers