Napit assesment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Brennan

Reaction score
hi all, just about to apply for my assesment, could you all give me as much advise as possible as to what i need ready etc etc, bit worried about it. cheers

if its your first dont be worried at all, the guys from Napit are really good, sound and not out to make you feel incompetant, give you lots of advice and anything you are missing or dont know they will give you web addresses for downloads and sensible advice to get you upto speed

prove you can work safely and can test to a reasonable standard and your good to go

so dont lose sleep over it.

Hello DBrennen..

This topic or similar has been discussed a few times on other threads & post....

If you put "Assessment" or "Napit" or "NICEIC" or similar into the search forum feature..

you should be able to find some...

e.g. this one...

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1578&highlight=assessment

Although it refers to NIC.. as far as I know the basic nuts and bolts of assessment are the same whoever you are with! ;)

Remember.. As BS said above...

Most assessors are actually quite nice guys.. they want to have you as their customer.. You are the one who is paying them.. and you could go elsewhere if you wanted!

so they will normally help as much as they can.. unless you prove to be a complete and utter no hoper!! :p :( :^O :^O

Spec LocGuiness Drink

I have a new cave that i am going to wire up and replace my cu

i am going with elecsa,,,i have already met my assessor at a trade show

all he wanted was a 'decent' size job to do a bit of testing on and see my workmanship

and of course the paperwork

I have a new cave that i am going to wire up and replace my cui am going with elecsa,,,i have already met my assessor at a trade show

all he wanted was a 'decent' size job to do a bit of testing on and see my workmanship

and of course the paperwork
From my experience with all my NIC inspections...

when you mention a new radial circuit... which has nice easy accessible ends..

e.g. cooker / socket / boiler spur?

They often said oh great! we will use that circuit to do some dead & live tests, R1+R2, ins res, Zs, etc...

tend to prefer it to messing around with a ring cct!

Also the NIC guys general do two assessments per day...

so they don't want to be hanging around to long..

make sure all your documentation is all ready and quickly accessible.

I recently got myself one of those fat case sort of things that rep's have

http://www.staples.co.uk/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=%2C&webid=2292ST&affixedcode=WW

good to keep all the regs books, Part P doc, EAWR, etc.. for assessments, everything in one place! ;)

I paid up on Monday, application form etc came through today.

List of stuff on the covering letter that I need to send back to them including certificates for my qualifications, proof of public liability insurance etc. It finally asks for NAPIT license?????

Whats the license?

From my experience with all my NIC inspections... when you mention a new radial circuit... which has nice easy accessible ends..

e.g. cooker / socket / boiler spur?

They often said oh great! we will use that circuit to do some dead & live tests, R1+R2, ins res, Zs, etc...

tend to prefer it to messing around with a ring cct!

Also the NIC guys general do two assessments per day...

so they don't want to be hanging around to long..

make sure all your documentation is all ready and quickly accessible.

I recently got myself one of those fat case sort of things that rep's have

http://www.staples.co.uk/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=%2C&webid=2292ST&affixedcode=WW

good to keep all the regs books, Part P doc, EAWR, etc.. for assessments, everything in one place! ;)
I go away for a few days on a course and I come back and specs is 'posing' with a briefcase!

This forum has changed I tell ye............... :|

Just a thought - I got ripped off on Professional Indemnity insurance. Napit do a discounted scheme - check out the website. Also make sure you look at the checklist they give you. I paid extra to get the memorandum on electricity at work act delivered on time as I reacted late!. Part P can be downloaded and printed. Finally - the NAPIT guy gave me some nifty software for MWC, EIC and PIR's. I'd spent a week getting the IET forms in word/excel. Not exactly a waste of time but...