Nest Learning Thermostat - Glow Worm 35c Energy Store

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikkin

Reaction score
Hi, 

I've wired the nest heat link box to the glow worm boiler as the nest installation guide for a 230v combi boiler. 

The room thermostat is plugged into the mains in the hallway....

This is a new installation, as the boiler is brand new and we didn't have a thermostat previously. 

The room thermostat is communicating with the boiler, it will turn it on and off, but it doesn't seem to change the temperature. 

At the minute we are having to control the radiator temp on the boiler. 

It has been installed now for approx 1 week, the current room temperature on the nest thermostat goes between 18 - 21.5 regardless of the temp on the boiler. 

When the nest thermostat is turned all the way up, the screen just says 32 in 2+ hours...and the actual temp doesn't get any higher. 

Is there an installation diagram for this boiler?

I have read about the ebus connection, but Im unsure what this means...

I don't think that this type of boiler is opentherm, but I was lead to believe that these 2 were still compatible....

When it says 32 in 2+ hours, is the boiler on and the radiators hot?

You say you wired as per instructions but you are asking for a diagram, was there not on with the instructions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the boiler is on...

the radiators can be at whatever temp (depending on what we have set on the boiler) both red hot and luke warm, and the thermostat will still say 32 in 2+ hours...

It is like the thermostat isnt controlling the temps... we are having to manually do it on the boiler. 

Yes it is wired as per the nest instructions on wiring it to a 230V combi boiler...but it is not working...so I wondered if somebody could point me in the right direction, not necessarily a diagram.

Ok, so the radiators are heating up, is the room actually warm enough for the thermostat to cut out.

Say set thermostat to 20 deg c, rad stats and boiler set to a decent temp, does the room get up to 20.

If room does get up to 20 and the. Nest sees this and is not switching off the boiler then it may be wired wrong, faulty, or something as daft as not removing the thermostat shorting link in the the boiler connector.

If the room is not getting up o temp and the radiators are hot then the problem is probably not with the Nest but with something else like window open, no insulation etc etc.

I think that you have the wrong idea as to what the Nest thermostat actually does...

it controls the temperature of the room by turning your boiler on and off, it does not control the temperature of the radiators (the boiler does that)

So.... as a starting position, set your radiator temperature to about 2/3 (at the boiler - and then don't touch it again) and set the room stat to 20deg and wait.... if the temperature is below 20deg your boiler will turn on and it will turn off at just above 20deg