New PV install problems.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.. I did challenge them about this. They're here now and they're fitting 5 optimisers to the PV1 panels and say that will deal with the imbalance. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if that's plausible or not. 😕

I guessing the optimiser will be something like this?
https://midsummerwholesale.co.uk/buy/tigo-optimisers
I don't know enough about them to make any meaningful comment...
I'm guessing is it will only push the smaller array over start-up voltage once the larger array is getting enough light, speculating around 10-11am-ish on GMT ?

By removing a panel from the larger array you'll get less total energy out of the SSW orientation - in ballpark of 2730 kWh/yr vs 3110kWh/yr, assuming no shading and an 'average' year (I've used the original Longi panel I chose, 30deg roof pitch and a Libbi 5kW inverter for this - the MPPT range is 120 to 550V so similar)

How much of that you can consume is a different question - it's linked to timing of energy usage and battery storage

I would hope your installers would be able to give you revised estimates of generation

Thanks.. I did challenge them about this. They're here now and they're fitting 5 optimisers to the PV1 panels and say that will deal with the imbalance. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if that's plausible or not. 😕
Should work, let us know how you get on

So far, so good! The electrician found some mistakes in the original install so the system no longer imports power all the while there is charge in the battery (screenshot attached) . They installed an additional CT & Harvi for the myenergi app so that now reports real time on the overall consumption/production situation, which is nice.
I'm told that the optimisers will adjust for the single panel when it's out of sync with the other panels (most of the time) and allow the array to maximise production. Time will tell and I'll post up some more graphs in a few days to show how it's all performing but 🤞🤞
Thanks again Michael and Chewbacca, you've both been very helpful and kind to assist me with this and helped me hopefully secure a decent solution.. 🙏✊👍🏻

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230420_001646_myenergi.jpg
    Screenshot_20230420_001646_myenergi.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230419_131609_myenergi.jpg
    Screenshot_20230419_131609_myenergi.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230420_005649_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230420_005649_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230420_005620_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg
    Screenshot_20230420_005620_SOLARMAN Smart.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 0
Can they add an extra panel next to number 2? Move the rest over a little. It would be better than adding a panel from the other array.