Odd behaviour from Growatt inverter

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobsta

Reaction score
I'm struggling to get my head around why it's necessary. I implemented an Emporia energy monitor recently which provides per-second monitoring of all circuits in the house. Using it I can see what goes one when the sun goes down and the Growatt inverter decides to stop delivering power from the battery - in fact it's not a binary switch-off at all... but quite a set of electrical acrobatics:

Here it is supplying power to meet the house's load up until just after 4.48pm when it drops down (and therefore we start pulling from the grid):1675099983071.png
... it carries on like this for a few minutes and then its output starts ramping up and down:
1675100259931.png
... this then turns into a more regular cycle:
1675100356909.png
.. until it then predominantly goes back to supply the full load but with consistent dips in output that need to be filled by the grid:
1675100421361.png

As I say, I find this a bit annoying but if it's as-designed and a built-in feature then I'm OK living with it. I'd just like to ensure it's not a fault and abnormal. If it were "normal" I'd expect more people to notice it and talk about it.

Split from hi-jacked post.

Last edited by a moderator: