Off grid solar

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever found any comments about lifespan of Victron? They've been around for a long time, so you would expect some comments somewhere.
Ivee spent a lot of time in Victron forums from my caravanning days and my mates boat, Victron was 'the' ultimate manufacturer for all things caravan / motor home / boat etc. I have not heard of a single failure or complaint at all, nothing.

That's very interesting @johnb2713 , I was aware of their reputation in boats and caravanning. I'm sure they die eventually, but the question is when? Sounds like they are a quality product and worth buying if you can afford it.

That's very interesting @johnb2713 , I was aware of their reputation in boats and caravanning. I'm sure they die eventually, but the question is when? Sounds like they are a quality product and worth buying if you can afford it.
It looks and feels a bit like the Land Rover Defender of inverters. Very agricultural but with very advanced software and seemingly when you're in the know you can access it at a much lower level than any other inverter. Mine has a Seplos BMS in my system, not compatable with Victron, no problem, a forum member in Germany accessed the system and showed me what changes I needed to do (change the speed of the canbus). The Victron community forum is amazing with very talented and knowledgeable people, almost reminds me of here LOL.
I do think it's a premium product pricewise but it has a very nice feel about it, nice terminals, good layout etc.

Latest posts