Politically Correct Driving Rant

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Certain members of certain Forums who live in certain large cities where certain major through routes have been closed adding , apparently, an extra 80,000 vehicles a day to other routes have had to take certain routes through certain areas where most of the shop names are not in english and the locals may not have English as their first language , which is not their fault,  and we all welcome them to our shores and wish that more would come so that we could welcome them too .

That said however , there does appear to be tiny problem with mastering the controls of a motor car and following the general rules of driving .

1.  Pointing the vehicle in the same direction as all the others going their way would be a good start.

2.  Please note that the double yellow lines are NOT parking bays . 

3.  The same applies to pavements .

4.  Trying to drive past a 40 ton Articulated truck that is reversing is not one your best ideas and should be left to stunt  drivers in films.

5.  Being a Mini-cab driver does not give you any special privileges or allow you suddenly lurch off in sundry directions and test the reactions and braking systems of the cars around you.

6.  As a British Citizen you are allowed to make use of the flashing lights fitted to each corner of your vehicle.

7.  And sadly I'm afraid you do actually need a driver's licence , an MOT and Insurance.

8.  And last but not least ...the RED traffic light ..( the one at the top) means STOP   and not do a racing change down the box and floor the accelerator. 

a ONE way street means you go the direction the arrow points, not just ONE direction of your choosing.

P.S are the road signs multi lingual? 

10 years ago the best drivers on the road were the HGV drivers. Recently seen some shocking behaviour, mainly from ones with UK plates. Swerving, forcing into none existent spaces between vehicles, tailgating, drifting out of their lane.

10 years ago the best drivers on the road were the HGV drivers. Recently seen some shocking behaviour, mainly from ones with UK plates. Swerving, forcing into none existent spaces between vehicles, tailgating, drifting out of their lane.
probably trying to get as much done in the day before they have to stop because of OTT rules & regulations

Yup - they`re copying the foreign contingent.............

Watched the worlds most dangerous roads series - put me off driving in India that is for sure

may i add not indicating at roundabouts and a Nissan micra is not designed to carry 15 people...

from an area of London where more language s are spoken than anywhere else in the UK.
Yup, beware of the Nissan Micra, I can always guess who will be driving them in certain areas and Im not on about the OAPS like my next door neighbour!

My auntie, thought that araf meant wales ! No point arguing with an 82yr old lol.