Pre Xmas musings

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talking of "fashion clothing"

SWMBO was watching some program, it was so boring I forgot what it was. A young singer did a turn, yes forgotten her name as well. But she was wearing a pair of "boots" that came right up to where the sun does not shine.  Looked like a pair of fishermans waders to me, utterly ridiculous.

Talking of "fashion clothing"

SWMBO was watching some program, it was so boring I forgot what it was. A young singer did a turn, yes forgotten her name as well. But she was wearing a pair of "boots" that came right up to where the sun does not shine.  Looked like a pair of fishermans waders to me, utterly ridiculous.
I saw that, the most rediculous looking boots ever! 

If this link works, here is a picture of "those boots"

8d68fd72e1870e13794751b0c35031fd.jpeg.ab4d4631c7d1d6266d89a54f088e3ce5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful what you wish for...
Well to avoid mass confusion  can you publish "likes"  in Red  or a colour of choice .

Can I offer the following for inclusion in the Official  Kerch  Dislikes programme.   

Bleedin'  cooking programmes on TV   ...flicking through this morning as I ate breakfast ... came upon  about four blokes , all cooking stuff and waffling  , with a great gaggle  of K list celebs  all Ooooing & AAaaahing  , tasting tit-bits & enthusing over the overwhealming wonderfullness of it all   .   :redcard    

Well to avoid mass confusion  can you publish "likes"  in Red  or a colour of choice .

Can I offer the following for inclusion in the Official  Kerch  Dislikes programme.   

Bleedin'  cooking programmes on TV   ...flicking through this morning as I ate breakfast ... came upon  about four blokes , all cooking stuff and waffling  , with a great gaggle  of K list celebs  all Ooooing & AAaaahing  , tasting tit-bits & enthusing over the overwhealming wonderfullness of it all   .   :redcard    
My wife watches those sometimes, the bit with the 'make the fastest omelet makes me laugh, it looks like snot, it's nowhere near cooked,and they had the big thing a while back on improperley cooked eggs being an excellent source of food poisoning.

Plus they never do food for normal people, it's always some junk you'd never eat, how about making a full English breakfast, or home made fish and chips with a beer batter, or a proper Sunday roast. Tony and I stayed in a posh hotel in Harrogate once, we decided to have a nice steak for our evening meal, what a joke, it was about £30 each and the steak was probably the size of a small hamburger, the tiniest bit of salad, and twelve, yes twelve, chips stacked in a pile like a game of Jenga. We were both starving an hour later!

Idea for a game show

6 celebrity chefs in six separate kitchens

each cooks the same meal

it is then judged by six other chefs who,do not know who cooked it

tables are reversed and it is repeated

then the results are given 

ill bet they wouldnt get any contestants as they all want to be projected as perfect and not judged...it would be funny to watch though

My son (Carl S on here) is now is on his way north after we spent Christmas and my birthday together. I’ll not see him again until around June.

Tony’s a sad puppy at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christmas is always a big hype beforehand, two days of total chaos and then a big let down afterwards, possibly punctuated by a period of forgetfulness a week later and suddenly it is next year!

Happy Birthday Tony!🍺

Christmas is always a big hype beforehand, two days of total chaos and then a big let down afterwards, possibly punctuated by a period of forgetfulness a week later and suddenly it is next year!

Happy Birthday Tony!🍺
Christmas, as I get older, is a bit like lusting after an attractive woman in the pub, you spend ages fantasizing about her, even longer chatting her up, then, when it comes to the important bit, instead of it being a massive event involving swinging from the light fittings, it's a 10 minute quickie and she rolls over and goes to sleep. lol.

My wife bought me a new pair of workboots for Christmas, the only problem is that when I used to buy them they were well over a hundred quid a pair, they are quite long with a zip and laces, the idea being that you put them on, lace them up tight for ankle support, then use the zip to take them off and put them on.

I got my first pair when I was working the dogs, they really do stop you breaking an ankle if you go over. The only thing was, the pair she bought only had the laces, imagine something like 18 hole Doc Martins, they are also very tight. It takes that long to get them on that it's a pain, she knew instantly that I didn't like them, but what can you do.