Pulling the wool over our eyes.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These came up in conversation the other day and I thought I'd post , see if there are any more around.

1. A certain local commercial radio station in this area , some years ago in the rush hour shows , used to put a helicoptor up over the city called " The eye in the Sky" to report on traffic . If I remember correctly it was noticed that no one ever actually saw the thing and it was just sound effects. It dissapeared from the show shortly after. :_|

2. A certain commercial speech station that Talks about Sport a lot made out they had reporters at the football games but it was disclosed that they sat in the studio watching the match on Sky along with sound effects of the crowd. :Blushing

This has just reminded me Deke... I havent seen Porky on his motorbike doing the travel reports for quite a long time. Has he left the station?

Oops, my tongue (or is it my fingers because I am typing) nearly slipped and I was going to say something i shouldnt have regarding our societys spongers!

Porky was great, always knew I would see him at least once a week at Burnt Tree Island in Dudley because its always been a hell hole for traffic jams!

That has been the general rule since about 1985 or 1986 maybe!!???

Its never been the same round there since "Ewarts" was raised to the ground!!!

Me old brain is getting fuzzy now...

but I do know that one of my very early days of working life (if not my first day) was spent @ Ewarts of Dudley just off Burnt Tree Island!

:Salute :eek:

Don't know it Specs TBH , I remember the Roman Mosaics place , thats gone now. Dunno if I mentioned it but I worked for a Stourbridge contractor years ago and used to cross Burnt Tree to pick up the Apprenti . We did all the jobs in that direction from Stourbridge but didn't exclude us from Round Oak Steel unfortunatley!!!