RIP Kaizer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
No doubt some of you on here will have watched police interceptors on tv, I'm certainly a big fan, as you might expect, especially of the dog sections.

Well, sadly it was announced yesterday by Durham Constabulary that PD (police dog) Kaizer, had died following a sudden short illness. Kaizer, known to his friends as 'big hairy' had served for a number of years in both general purpose and firearms support roles, He was well known throughout the Durham force area by both police and criminals alike, he was a legend in the force, together with his handler PC Ian Squires,they formed a formidable team, thanks to his no-nonsense style of policing, one bite from Kaizer and you behaved yourself.

I'm sure that Ian will be feeling the loss right now, it's more like losing a child than a pet, because when you live and work with them 24hr's you develop a really close bond, having lost a few myself over the years I can imagine how he's feeling right now, bloody awful. These dogs do such an important job, in a public order situation one good dog with a decent handler can be as effective as 6 coppers, but it's not all about biting people and chasing suspects. These dogs also play an important role in locating missing children and vulnerable adults, it's truly amazing when you see one pinning a baddie down one minute, then cuddling up to a missing child the next.

Having been fortunate enough to train a PD, and worked them myself I know how it feels when your dog does a good job, yet so often they are the unseen members of the service, Land sharks and Furry Exocets, are just a couple of names they are affectionately known by, but with 42 teeth and a bite pressure of 350 psi they are not something you want to get on the wrong side of.

RIP Kaizer, you big black furball, run free over the rainbow bridge.

Latest posts