Screwfix website broken?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tried to place an order this afternoon. Items in the trolley. Go to checkout. Select delivery address, payment method then press "continue" and it just sits there forever instead of proceeding to the order confirmation page.

I have tried 2 different computers and OS's (Linux and W10) and 3 different browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Edge) all behave the same.

I had to phone the order instead which was a right pain.

Others having problems?

Have you tried through the app? I used to struggle through the browser but touch wood never had a problem with the app.
Nope. I hate trying to pretend a phone with a tiny screen, no keyboard and no mouse is actually a "computer" Far too fiddly a user interface to do anything proper.

The website is easy to search easy to navigate and great, when it works, which it did do last time I used it but not today. and the fact i tried different computers, different OS's and different browsers suggests is is not a browser issue but something more (still would be a poor show if it failed to work with one browser and you had to use a different one)

Tried to place an order this afternoon. Items in the trolley. Go to checkout. Select delivery address, payment method then press "continue" and it just sits there forever instead of proceeding to the order confirmation page.

I have tried 2 different computers and OS's (Linux and W10) and 3 different browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Edge) all behave the same.

I had to phone the order instead which was a right pain.

Others having problems?

Haven't used them during the past couple of weeks...

But I do recall a while back where I had a hanging and waiting problem when trying to place an order..

Think it took two or three attempts before it finally went through..?

I also remember a few occasions being in a store and their own terminals that their own staff use were running slow and/or hanging!

Possibly they have capacity issues handling the traffic on their website servers during busy periods ?
(If only Deke was here.. he would know?)

We are having broadband issues at the moment, so much so that it is now logged as a fault with BT and a visit booked for Monday. The broadband speed is varying a lot and dropping out frequently.

Can this cause a website to only partly work? Having tried to complete my screwfix order on 2 different computers and 3 different browsers, it would be too much of a coincidence if every time it was the broadband that chose to drop out at exactly the same point in the process i would have thought.

If you were to try via you phone on 4/5G you could verify if website was working. I suspect it is your broadband that’s causing the problem. Have you turned off and reset the router?
We have had issues with ours as we are remote we seem to have to do a reset every other week.

If you were to try via you phone on 4/5G you could verify if website was working. I suspect it is your broadband that’s causing the problem. Have you turned off and reset the router?
We have had issues with ours as we are remote we seem to have to do a reset every other week.
Router has been re booted several times, 3 times this morning alone.

"try on 4g" You don't know what it's like in the countryside, weak 2g is the best we get on that front.

Yes I know we have issues with the broadband right now (BT tried to run a diagnostic from the exchange and "could not see our router") but I can't understand how that would stop one part of one particular website working? It's too much of a coincidence for the BB to have crashed 5 times at exactly the time I pressed that one button each time i tried so how can a BB fault stop just some things working?