Solar battery storage issues

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vics

Reaction score
Hi all, I have system that has been working well for a year but has recently developed issues. It’s a SOFAR Amass GTX5000 battery which I’ve tried severa times switching on/off. The inverter (ME3000SP) shows fault codes :
1. ID27 Batt.Overcurr.
2. ID101 BMS Shortcircuit
i have contacted Sofar for help but no reply yet after six days. Any thoughts please? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1310.jpeg
    IMG_1310.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
from the manual:-

ID100-ID103 is battery fault. If this fault occurs occasionally, wait few minutes to see whether the problem is solved. If this fault occurs frequently, please contact SOFAR technical support.

Sounds like a problem whereby it's trying to put too much charge into the battery. I'm not familiar with Sofar gear, but I would see if it happens again tomorrow, and contact the installer if it does. If you installed it yourself, then contact the technical helpline, it feels like a tweak of the charging amps may resolve the issue.

from the manual:-

ID100-ID103 is battery fault. If this fault occurs occasionally, wait few minutes to see whether the problem is solved. If this fault occurs frequently, please contact SOFAR technical support.

Sounds like a problem whereby it's trying to put too much charge into the battery. I'm not familiar with Sofar gear, but I would see if it happens again tomorrow, and contact the installer if it does. If you installed it yourself, then contact the technical helpline, it feels like a tweak of the charging amps may resolve the issue.
Thanks I’m waiting to hear back from Sifar.

Latest posts