solar panels / set up

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locus

Reaction score
Three weeks ago, I installed 8kw solar panels, specifically Longi Photovoltaic Panels 410W with a Growatt 10KW Inverter, to my home's electrical system.

Total materials + installation cost me 5000£.

The installation process involved fixing the panels to my roof and connecting them to the inverter, which was then linked to my home's main power supply by a professional electrician from their company. The costs can vary based on your specific needs, but it was pretty straightforward for my setup in London.

Split to avoid further confusion. The "split from" post can be seen if you Click here (But Tom S. has not posted for nearly 3 weeks :( )

Last edited by a moderator:
Three weeks ago, I installed 8kw solar panels, specifically Longi Photovoltaic Panels 410W with a Growatt 10KW Inverter, to my home's electrical system.

Total materials + installation cost me 5000£.

The installation process involved fixing the panels to my roof and connecting them to the inverter, which was then linked to my home's main power supply by a professional electrician from their company. The costs can vary based on your specific needs, but it was pretty straightforward for my setup in London.
What model number of Growatt inverter have you installed? Most of the 10kW Growatt's are not approved for connection to UK power networks.

Hi, how did you find the approval process went for you? Was it g99 fast-track?
The initial approval was done by my MCS installers. When I added the second battery and Victron inverter, I phoned them up to ask what was needed, they verbally rubber stamped it on the phone, I emailed the form into them and it was all ok'd within 20 minutes.

The initial approval was done by my MCS installers. When I added the second battery and Victron inverter, I phoned them up to ask what was needed, they verbally rubber stamped it on the phone, I emailed the form into them and it was all ok'd within 20 minutes.
Hi John, thanks, this was intended for the OP, Locus, Not sure how I didn't see ur post as last in chain, the joys of mobile phone screens!