Solar PV house fires, BRE report

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Victron have some decent online courses free of charge, I've done a few relevant to my inverter and they were half decent.
Could do with a course on the Growatt SPH inverters to start with, even a link to a decent blog on set up would be a start, the instruction book is bloody hopeless that comes with these, IMO.

Been through youtube searches John and not got the answers i was after, however not saying it won't be there, just not found it yet.
I am going to put up a separate post, hopefully someone will know these units and go through the issues one at a time.
With hindsight i should have dodged the Growatt and gone for something with a UK based technical support.
Thanks for your help BTW.

Well i am now a qualified PV installer.

3 Days out of my life and £600 i won't see again, for anyone considering these courses it's a bit like a regs course, the object is to read a book and pass the exam so the tutor looks good.
Good bits, 2 hours in the workshop doing the testing and shading calcs and the classroom bit doing the kWh/kk values, the rest was just scanning through the book.
My ability to click together MC4's remains the same.

What i really need is a manufacturers course to really learn the set up and functions of the inverter.
That's a lot cheaper than the course I did!

MC4s - lots of people fail to make those off properly 🔥

Latest posts