Strange Weekend

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I`ve almost recovered......... :(

Weds & Thurs were both 12 hr days, prepping for the festival, which begun Friday night ( folk music............)

Friday, I had another forumite with me on site - let him go at 5.00pm - we stopped about 10.30........

Saturday started ok (staying at the client`s premises, so we`re "on hand" if anything goes wrong....

Saturday afternoon, we`re having food in the little flat; when there`s a knock at the door....landlord :"HELP"

Electrically - nothing wrong - but they`ve had 2 coachloads arrive at the pub; the folkies have had dinner, plus the bookings, plus a stag party of 23; plus walk-ins. They did 260+ meals in under 2 hrs!!!!

So we spent a fun couple of hours covering bars, collecting plates & glasses, setting up buffet tables, taking them down again, and changing barrels on the outside (temp.) bar.

More of the same Sunday - with Fathers` day too, the place was heaving - didn`t get to bed till 3.00 a.m. ( only two pints all f`in day!)

Yesterday - build-out the campsite & marquee, strip the bar down & relocate into the marquee, ready for the weekend beer festival.

I think we`ll have to stay on site for that weekend ( voluntarily ...... :pray ) to allow for sampling of the products........ ;)

Too right Andy.

BD - I`ll know tomorrow - I`ve told him to give us what he thinks we were worth to him..............

( then we`ll know whether to do it again, if asked :slap )