The market price for solar confuses me.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua Eze

Reaction score
Hey folks, I wanted to jump in on a conversation about solar panel prices. It can be confusing to navigate the market and figure out what's a fair price, especially with so many different factors at play. At my company, we sell panels at £116 the cheapest. What´s weird is that some people say they get theirs far cheaper? And at the same time i´m always seeing people talk about theirs being like £145. How can the market price be so all over the place? What are your experiences with different suppliers and their pricing?

Thanks,
Joshua

Advertising removed

Last edited by a moderator:
People talk crap 😃

Ok, so different panels are built to different standards, some I've encountered are dog rough, others are a finish akin to a posh car, such as LG Neon.

I tend to look at panel efficiency, then price, and then at stuff like panel snow loading, resistance to salt water corrosion. If the better spec costs a few quid more, so be it, but I worked out a few years ago you don't need to pay premium prices for gear that works well.

Last edited: