The new scam?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one that always gets me is the advert for aid to one of those third world countries, it goes on about how something like 20,000 kids will die today due to lack of food and water. Blimey they must breed fast, popping off at that rate they'd be all gone in a month. My old fella used to say it amazed him how, considering all these adults are starving due to a lack of food, how come they still have the energy to breed? I think he had a good point.
They did have poor mortality rates so more kids meant a stronger chance of survival for the family and tribe. Then the west got involved and brought in inoculations and better health care. Mortality rate improved significantly but they still continue to have large families which require more food hence the increased rate of starvation.

It's a vicious circle.

Short sighted investment by charities and complete lack of understanding by fund raisers led to a lot of African leaders becoming richer by creaming off the top with very little money getting to where it was meant to go. Geldof knew where the Live Aid money was going but still lied to get more money, most of which went to the dictator Mengistu.

Best thing we could have done is leave them alone.

Latest posts