Three phase TT install with distribution circuit and RCBOs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leesparkykent

Reaction score
I have an Install where a 16mm 4core has been installed previously. ATM the SWA is coiled up either end At the supply which is a barn converted in to an office for the homeowners business and plant room in new extension to the house. There is no PME available as over head, in the middle of no where and in an earlier life was a farm. My intention is to install a 100mA time delayed RCD at the supply in the office mains room and then a fused switch/switch fuse for the distribution circuit. In the plant room at the end the distribution circuit I want to install a 3 phase DB but this is where it gets a little tricky........All the circuits that need additional protection my means of a 30mA RCD will have to be put on RCBOs however I'm struggling to find single pole switched neutral RCBOs. In a single phase installation I would use SBS compact RCBOs as they are single pole switched neutral but SBS don't do three phase DBs etc. Is any one aware of a brand where I could achieve this or think of another idea? Cheers Lee

It's TT because it was (is) a farm NOT becaue it is overhead feed. I have seen plenty of houses with overhead feed and PME.

+1 to three SP db's and happy to reccommend SBS

It's TT because it was (is) a farm NOT becaue it is overhead feed. I have seen plenty of houses with overhead feed and PME.

+1 to three SP db's and happy to reccommend SBS

Yeah I have also but thought I would include it as don't want "see if the supply can be converted to PME" its not an option here.

Why not.

If Ferg drops by he can put you straight on that subject.

I used a picture of his supply cutout in KB transformer neutral earth connections.
Because the DNO wont do it. They have no obligation to provide you with an earth just to maintain it if they do provide you with one.

Because the DNO wont do it. They have no obligation to provide you with an earth just to maintain it if they do provide you with one.

Have you asked the DNO for a reason why they won’t provide a customer earth?

The reason I cited Ferg’s supply is it is CNE to get around the eight metre rule.

It seems the wilds of Scotland are far advanced than southern England.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you asked the DNO for a reason why they won’t provide a customer earth?

The reason I cited Ferg’s supply is it is CNE to get around the eight metre rule.

It seems the wilds of Scotland are far advanced than southern England.
no I haven't but this is a builders own house so cost may be a factor lol

Latest posts