Trial By Internet.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the light of recent postings on Twitterface or whatever it was , accusing people of vile crimes without any proof , I would make the following observations .

I think people think they can say what they like without retribution on social sites . I presume they think they are anonymous and sometimes we hear that bullying takes place .

I once asked the esteemed founder of this Forum , Admin1 :Salute , (May his sheep never roam and his laverbread never fester) how we stood on here . Legally, Its the same as publishing in a newspaper apparently . I don't think many realise this .

I see comments on Youtube ( Stopped reading them now) ...... Under a music video ,say, someone posts, " Ah thats my favourite song ...I'm sure it was first recorded by Joe Bloggs "

This can be followed by " You stupid ****&&&%%$ how totally thick are you to say such a thing !!! You must be the biggest ****** in the xxxxxx ing world you do not deserve to live you cretin !!!!!"

They wouldn't dare say such stuff face to face .

Last edited by a moderator:
Fairly recently in the motorcycle community.......bootgate.......

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne wins his 3rd British Superbike Title, naturally a bit chuffed he was and celebrated on the podium by chucking various bits of his riding gear into the crowd for the great unwashed as souveniers........ one of his boots went in and there was a bit of a scuffle, and all over the bike internet the next day theres a pic of a bloke with the boot and a 10 year old kid in the background crying with the caption " This bloke punched the kid and stole the boot, what a scumbag etc"

the internet went ballistic. The bloke had to go into hiding, after receiving death threats, all because people were stupid enough to beleive what they read on t'internet. Even Shakey got involved.

Turns out the bloke never touched the kid, kid was crying simply because he didnt manage to catch the boot, however alls well and all that, as Shakey invited both bloke and kid down to Brands hatch and spent the day with them amongst other things

well, in the greatest of traditions,

I'll go off track,

Shane 'shakey' Byrne is a s*** rider , after a dismal attempt at WSB [despite all his mouthing at how good he was!], he had to come crawling back with his tail between his legs and go to BSB,

and he is still only an average rider at the front there.

ok?..... sot sure I agree with you there, but then opinions are like a**eholes etc

Ill grant you he has been fortunate enough to have a very good bike under him for the 3 times he won BSB, but then so did JR, and Niall Mac for thier 3 and I dont think they could be classed as s*** riders.

as has been said , no-one can fluke a chamionship let alone 3 of em, youve gotta be good to even be there. Ive raced on the same track as some of the perennial back markers ( Malcolm Ashley, Tom Tunstall) and they are mind bogglingly fast themselves.

I was expecting a thread about reducing court cost and a master plan from evans.

The latest fiasco entangling the BBC began on twitter.

It led to the production of a Newsnight item laying some

accusations about gross indecency at the door of the

wrong individual.

Editorial control and scrutiny was conspicuous by its

absence and disciplinary proceedings are in train.

The alarming thing is that the person who actually WAS

responsible may never be found. This was made clear

when I heard the man in North Wales who was interviewed

by the police, was shown the wrong photograph and stated

that the picture did NOT portray the man who abused him.

Anonymity is NOT guaranteed on line and no-one should

be able to hide behind it. The moment that you click that

mouse and post, whatever it might be, you cease to be a

private individual. You become an individual within a huge

community and as such are answerable for your actions.

A lot of people do not seem to have realised this.

The latest BBC scandal regarding a former minister is going

to cost a lot of money and I am massively surprised that so

many people on telephone number salaries never saw it on

the horizon.