Veritas 8 Alarm Panel Text Dialer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engineer350

Reaction score
Can anyone help, I have a Veritas 8 alarm panel, a number of years ago I installed a text dialer to the panel, see attached file, its worked great for a number of years but recently I am having to reset it by powering it on/off.

I have cleaned the sim card contacts but it does not make any difference, sometime when I text status to it I get an answer other times it will not and I have to reset it.

I have searched but cannot find a similar device, I think I purchased it from eBay in 2016, I am looking for something similar if anyone can point me in the right direction, I just need something which is simple to connect up to my panel and not too expensive.

Attachments

• Texecom_r8.pdf
    391.4 KB · Views: 0
Have you tried a 4G sim card?
Alternatively search for GSM dialler, (Quite a few to choose from) they all work pretty much the same way, they need a permanent 12v and a trigger, which you could take from the panel bell output. As for which one? Ask 10 different people you will get 10 different answers, as it depends on what they feel comfortable with.

Have you tried a 4G sim card?
Alternatively search for GSM dialler, (Quite a few to choose from) they all work pretty much the same way, they need a permanent 12v and a trigger, which you could take from the panel bell output. As for which one? Ask 10 different people you will get 10 different answers, as it depends on what they feel comfortable with.
Thank you for your reply not sure if the unit I have will accept a 4G card, but I will make some enquiries, thank you for your help