Well it’s that time of the year again! It’s been a mixed year so , in-line with tradition, here are a few things that have mildly irritated me

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Millionaires making charity appeals
Xmas charity appeals asking for bizarre monetary donations based upon 10s of thousands of pounds of research. Such as ."send £27.93 now so that Ndabaninghe and his family can upgrade to Sky Sports"

"Just £6.23p every minute will allow the CEO of Cancer Research to maintain their £273k basic salary" that actually IS their basic salary

Repair, upgrade, upselling progs where they have to blow the sawdust at the camera

Garden Centres milking the public with Santa Grottos

Christmas specials
Rip off school holiday Holiday Prices

Celebrity anything

"Just £6.23p every minute will allow the CEO of Cancer Research to maintain their £273k basic salary" that actually IS their basic salary
I keep looking at voluntary work to keep me busy in retirement, but it's all organised by quango charities getting paid to organise the free labour, something of the tradesman in me objects strongly to that! 😀
Garden Centres milking the public with Santa Grottos
You mean tacky gift shops with a few overpriced green things in the far corner

I keep looking at voluntary work to keep me busy in retirement, but it's all organised by quango charities getting paid to organise the free labour, something of the tradesman in me objects strongly to that! 😀
I suggest small independent heritage projects especially welcome someone with practical skills and the time to contribute.
I help with one; there are at least four others nearby if I had the time and energy.

I suggest small independent heritage projects especially welcome someone with practical skills and the time to contribute.
I help with one; there are at least four others nearby if I had the time and energy.
It has crossed my mind, but feels a bit too much like work 😀. I prefer eco-bunny projects, as you may have noticed it's something I'm quite keen on, but I definetly need to get out and meet people, about the only thing I really miss from working.

These are purely my views, some may agree, some may disagree, deal with it 😉🤪

Deal or no deal

Steven mulhern

Every “reality show”

Fake lips

Felt tip pen eyebrows

False suspense

Online gambling adverts. “We have a range of tools to help you” yeah , Cheers for that but I won’t bother as I’m an addict

Xmas Adverts

Zero to hero Sparks

People who constantly say 'super, literally, cool, stoked, pumped, I’m all about'

Forced /false inclusivity

Greggs Wallace

Perfume adverts….'Desperation the new fragrance by Swarfega'

Tea , the devils Urine

Knightsbridge products

KSRs inability to make a PIR which has wires long enough to reach the connector strip on their own fittings

Chinesium and Unobtainium

Rosie Jones

Items described as Artisanal or Designer

Alan Carr

Jonaffon Wossss

"All the trimmings"…..ALL,'! Seriously!!

Companies that 'reach out' OR use that expression

Words invented to fill a niche hole that doesn’t exist! Like Mysoginoir! Google it

Alex Brooker

Enforced zany acts by Z list celebs

Panto

Charity appeals by Stars who have zillions in the bank

Energy prices

Charity C.E.O.s salaries. Cancer research £270k basic!

Small food portions on big plates

Food served on anything other than crockery! Soup in a flat cap, oysters on a coal shovel

Menus where the price is just a number, no '£' sign

Any TV offering with the word s "Curse of" in them

Paranormal programs, not seen a pic of a ghost yet

People who feel offended on behalf of people they don’t know

All but one MP. Don’t know which one BUT there must be one

Tenants

Letting agents

…here endeth part 1
You are a very grumpy person, but I think it is inevitable as grumpiness is an exponential function of time. I am certainly becoming worse every year, and agree with your whole list, with one exeption. I am partial to the occasional cup of Yorkshire tea. A few things that irritate me - people that start every sentence with “so”
“ on a daily basis “ , what’s wrong with daily?
”going forward” , as opposed to?
television - mostly drivel now. I used to watch only BBC, to avoid the adverts, but now , between every bbc programme, there is about 10 minutes of rubbish and trailers for even more rubbish!

I may not be as grumpy as you yet, but I’m getting there.