What are the premium brands?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Smith

Reaction score
Hi

When it comes to car, I would with confidence say that a majority of people know that Mercedes, BMW and Audi are considered premium brands unlike the like of Peugeot, Vauxhall, Renault

When it comes to our favorite industry, I still have not been able to figure out what brands are premium and the others Tier 2 or 3

To be more specific, can Huawei be considered as a Premium brand for Inverter and Batteries?

Thanks

Yes, along with LG, Tesla and Samsung. Basically if you have heard of it, it's premium gear.
Hello Binky
following your statement then so are Solax, Sunsynk, Pylontech, SAJ, Omnik, Onesto, Solis, Growatt, Sofar, Fronins, Sofar, Victron, SMA, Goodwee, Sungrow…. Just on top of my head.

Would you say the same about car then?
I am pretty sure they do not all play in the same category. I’ll continue the research. Maybe I’ll discover a table that categorise them as you can find for car manufacturers or phones or TV.

Are you looking for "Premium", or for "Reliable" ?

"Expensive" and "Luxury" car brands, which might be considered to be "Premium", are often less reliable than cheaper brands.

And for an Inverter, reliability is what I would want.

Search for "Car reliability chart".

And "Best Inverter brands, whatever "Best" means.....,,

Are you looking for "Premium", or for "Reliable" ?

"Expensive" and "Luxury" car brands, which might be considered to be "Premium", are often less reliable than cheaper brands.

And for an Inverter, reliability is what I would want.

Search for "Car reliability chart".

And "Best Inverter brands, whatever "Best" means.....,,
You are right.Premium and reliability are not synonyms unfortunately
As for 'best' and all those not that independent reviews it is very difficult to know who to trust.

Thus me asking here what people think.

Thanks

Hello Binky
following your statement then so are Solax, Sunsynk, Pylontech, SAJ, Omnik, Onesto, Solis, Growatt, Sofar, Fronins, Sofar, Victron, SMA, Goodwee, Sungrow…. Just on top of my head
Not exactly what I meant, what I was getting at is that if you have heard of a company pre looking at solar.

SMA, Fronius and Victron are premium brands from within the solar industry. SMA being my favourite of those, but with the likes of Solis coming in at half the price, I find it difficult to justify the extra cost.

Thanks Binky for the clarification. Before getting involved with Solar I never heard of the brand except those who do other things like Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba.

Anyway, what do you know/think of Huawei regarding inverter, optimizer and batteries?

Here a recorded webminar
about Huawei.

That's a good start :) Thanks

regarding my DNO application. I think my installer can't articulate things.
He sent me an update with 3 points. He now wants to replace my existing inverter (he did not say why. I can imagine it is to keep all the equipment with all the same manufacturer), and change the micro-inverter by optimizers we agreed in the past that it cannot work due to the too low number of panels in each direction so the inverter will hardly get its Start Up voltage.
And without saying anything about the battery (a part of a new datasheet to match the new brand he picked). I now see that instead of 8kW charge/discharge it is now 5kw.

All these to conclude that with this design it can keep under the 17kW limit of the DNO.
so I just asked him what's the point in changing the micro inverters by the optimizers and why not asking me if I would be willing to reduce the number of panels and keep the 8kW of my battery instead.