What printer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a colour laser (samsung CLX 216x). busy printing loads of letterheads which have blue. this is wasting loads of blue toner (you can see about 85% of it is in the waste tank). when printing black it doesnt waste much

anyone know of a good printer that will waste less? i was thinking maybe a inkjet since it doesnt have a waste tank, but i want something that wont need me to mess round with re-setting chips etc. something i can just open the cover and add more ink. hard enough with the printer i currently have. it also needs to put up with loads of printing

i have a colour laser (samsung CLX 216x). busy printing loads of letterheads which have blue. this is wasting loads of blue toner (you can see about 85% of it is in the waste tank). when printing black it doesnt waste muchanyone know of a good printer that will waste less? i was thinking maybe a inkjet since it doesnt have a waste tank, but i want something that wont need me to mess round with re-setting chips etc. something i can just open the cover and add more ink. hard enough with the printer i currently have. it also needs to put up with loads of printing
Andy part of the problem why printers are so cheap is, no surprise, they want you to buy consumables, which is where the profit for the vendor is. Toner carts are one dam fine example.

I'd use the Laser for Black printing, and an inkjet for colour work

With an Inkjet you would replace blue more often, most vendors use the chips to prevent cheap copycats that would stop them recovering the subsidies that they apply to make you buy the printer, it's possible to refill some ink carts (but messy), on Canon inkjets you can bypass the low ink warning, however you can now buy clones with chips at about 35% cost of the Canon originals, this maybe also true for Epson and HP

may just stick with my laser....

i have been on ebay and got some toners from other printers (600g) for the same price as a 40g for this printer. black, yellow and red work perfectly fine, no difference, but the blue doesnt work (sticks to fuser so get blue repeated all over page).

doesnt seem to waste much black, its just the blue... seems to be loads in waste but its all mixed with other colours so cant exactly recycle it

a few month ago my printer packed in... needed new imaging unit... these cost