Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hello All,

Just went to view the clips of my children opening their Christmas presents.

I was able to watch two seperate short lengths of Christmas video of them (one was 15.4MB and the other was 56.1MB. The one that I can't play; the main one, is 1.39GB).

But I was unable to watch the third one (1.39GB) and was sown the following message:

"Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help."

The above message is what I saw over and over again. I was about to about codec, when I thought I'd try again and was then shown the following message (and have seen this since)...

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

Anyone know if a codec would sort this out? Done some research on the net - varying answers. If it will, has anyone got a direct link to a repitable download for one please?

Many Thanks,

Admin.

Thanks Lurch - I will have a look at them.

File reading failed:

VLC could not read the file.

:_|

Could be a corrupt file. Have you still got the original, how was it created? Possibly something minor like a corruption whilst transferrring from cam to PC or whilst converting.

Could be a corrupt file. Have you still got the original, how was it created? Possibly something minor like a corruption whilst transferrring from cam to PC or whilst converting.
No. I tried them when I transferred it from Digital Camcorder to pc and they appeared to work - So I deleted them off of the Camcorder.

And now this has happened.

Latest posts