Ferrolli optimax HE31C

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revjames

'funny' man™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just moved into a flat and cant get the CH working. Its the most overcomplicated useless piece of carp I have ever seen. It has a 'remote control' in the hallway with up and down buttons and a button with a pic of a lightbulb and frost symbol. I tried upping the set temp but it keeps reverting back to 15C. The boiler starts if you press the power button and indicates FH but goes off after 2 mins...... DHW is fine.

Any ideas?

I have moved from Lytham to St Annes Kerch. Sides I think it mayy be batteries in the stat. I realise now that the stat 'remote' is battery powered and uses RF to connect to an interface which controls the boiler.

Sounds like you have something like the Salus RT300RF room stat

If it is it constantly shows the room temp, if you push one of the up/down buttons it shows the set temp and you can alter it, if you press the light/snow flake button the back light comes on, if you press and hold the light/snow flake button a snow flake symbol shows on the display to show that it's in frost protestion mode and the preset temp is set to 5 degC (press and hold again to revert to normal mode)... press and hold both up & down buttons and it turns the stat off (press up or down to turn on)

sometimes they play up a little bit (lose communication),,, you have to remove the battery cover and press the reset with a paper clip

on the RF receiver there are 2 LEDs... red for power and green for demand... a flame symbol also shows on the display when there is a demand

HTH

FH is just a startup air purge cycle..... It should only do it the first time the boiler is powered up. As mentioned the reason the room stat reverts to 15oC is because it is displaying the air temp not the target temp.

As always check external controls first then look for things more sinister.

What lights are on the receiver?

New batteries in the remote, timer overridden in the 'On' position. Boiler showing a pic of a radiator with heat coming off it. And the letters D2 on the display... oh yes and the rads are cold....

have you paid the gas bill.?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:05 ----------

airlock,

is the boiler firing at all?

are the flow and return pipes getting hot?

try closing all the rads except one near the boiler and see if it heats up at all.

Plenty of gas here. Gas fire. oven etc works.

I found this online

Ferroli HE31C - replace diverter valve ??

After much scratching of head and reviewing these forums I've come to the conclusion that the diverter valve on my Ferroli HE31C is at fault. All the usual symptoms including good DHW but no CHW with error code D2 when trying to call for heat.

A swift tap of the diverter valve with a good screwdriver has 'fixed' the problem so I presume the valve is sticking, so, to my question(s).

1. Do I need to replace the whole unit or is it just the 'front bit' (as has been suggested on other forum posts), which is held on with 2 painted screws (leave well alone) and 2 non painted screws that seem to attach it to the bigger (and more complicated) body. ??

2. If it is just a case of removing and replacing the front bit, do I have to drain the system down first or is there a seal behind preventing water loss.

3. And finally, where can I get one of these thingies ??

I found the diverter valve and gave it a smack. The return CH pipe is hot but not the flow (which comes out of the DV)

Landlord will have to get a heating eng out I think.

Thanks steps. Its not my boiler and dont think I am about to take it to bits. Landlors will have to get it sorted. Boiler making a noise and physically getting warm and as I said the return pipe hot but send is cold? dont get that!