Appliances at or over 2kW

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Following on from other comments.

I'm sure we can all recall this "2kW" rule requiring a dedicated circuit?

Well I seem to anyway! :Y

Been looking for the reg for an hour.

Anyone any suggestions please?

Hi Paul,

Appendix 15, page 362 BRB, RING AND RADIAL FINAL CIRCUIT ARRANGEMENTS, REGULATION 433.1

Para 1; RING FINAL CIRCUIT ARRANGEMENTS, REGULATION 433.1.5

"the load current in any part of the circuit should be unlikely to exceed for long periods the current carrying capacity of the cable [Reg 433.1.5 refers] This can generally be achieved by;

Blah blah blah

[iii] connecting cookers, ovens and hobs with a rated power exceeding 2KW on their own dedicated final circuit.

Hope this helps!!!

john...

Thanks PC,

I am just working with too many std's at the mo, I have 7671 & 11 others on my desk at the moment along with the GN's, several ACoP's and other "relevant" docs, with about 30 job related things going on simultaneously, I just can't remember the references in all the standards!!!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:40 ----------

App87,

I had found it there from PC's post mate thank you, I just can't remember all this stuff, and you guys are so helpful! ;)

I don't even TRY to remember most of it ................ my head would explode!!!!!

If something crops up I refer to the relevant book , whats the point of having them !

Then my mind can be emptied of everything , like a fluffy cloud full of nothingness that drifts aimlessly across a blue sky , where the sun always shines and the river meanders slowly by , with only birdsong disturbing the tranquility of that long ago endless summer afternoon of childhood when the world was safe and there was nothing ,yes, nothing quite like, messing about in boats and there'll be toasted muffins for tea.

Bloody 'ell whats the missus been putting in my tea!!!! Gone all poetical there.