Sign in to follow this  
SPECIAL LOCATION

So did you think the shop's, parking, shopping centers were quieter this year????

Do you think the shops have been quieter this year  

1. 1. Do you think the shops have been quieter this year

• YES - definitely quieter
    • NOT REALLY - I think about the same and normal
    • NO - I found them busier
    • What is Shopping?????

SPECIAL LOCATION

Well I have been out with Mrs Special for the past two days 23rd & 24th..

doing various bits of Christmas shopping...

Local town..

& Nearest main shopping center ("Merry Hill")

Deke and others in the West Mids with know where that is...

& further afield... Solihull Touchwood...

As Jasper Carrott used to say thats the posh place where they get out of the bath to have a pee!!!

Anyway...

I must admit I thought shops in general were quieter than normal for this time of year....

:C:|

NozSpark

Dunno, I did my shopping on Wednesday, town seemed to be busy but there weren't any massive queues. Maybe that is because most people were still working?;)

Badger

or nozspark they dont have the money to buy a lot of gifts.

NozSpark
or nozspark they dont have the money to buy a lot of gifts.

There is that;);)

m4tty

Defo quieter this year. Could get parked for once

Badger
Defo quieter this year. Could get parked for once

i didnt have to worry about parking. i just parked outside my aunts house 10 minutes from the town centre!! :D:^O

Barx

I was at toys r us other day and mentioned there that was quiet, lass behind counter (who I must say was tidy and asked if she would see me in town for a drink ;)) says the mad rush seemed to be 3 weeks prior and its been quietish since. My first though was everyone getting paid at end of November.

Sent from my Desire Z

Theorysparky

i found it quiet yesterday !!!!!!

result !!!!

batty

Quite busy today at shopping centre in local town shame parking attendants were out for quite a few people though who didn't put there tickets on they got a

Evans Electric
Quite busy today at shopping centre in local town shame parking attendants were out for quite a few people though who didn't put there tickets on they got a

Andy™

there is pretty much no free parking in shields town centre. so i rarely go shopping there. only venture that was if its work related. fortunately, the main places i go to have loading bays outside so can get away with parking there

the main street is also a pedestrian zone, with loading until 10am. being a pedestrian zone, there isnt many traffic wardens passing though it...

Badger

i get free parking in lichfield city all day if i want i park outside my aunts house :slap

batty

It is free parking for two hours but if you don't get a ticket you get a fine.

steptoe

well thats just plain laziness then, if they couldnt even be bothered to walk to the machine and push a button then walk back to the car they deserve a

Evans Electric
i get free parking in lichfield city all day if i want i park outside my aunts house :slap

Whats the address , Badge?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was made at 15:24 ----------

Well I have been out with Mrs Special for the past two days 23rd & 24th..

doing various bits of Christmas shopping...

Local town..

& Nearest main shopping center ("Merry Hill")

Deke and others in the West Mids with know where that is...

& further afield... Solihull Touchwood...

As Jasper Carrott used to say thats the posh place where they get out of the bath to have a pee!!!

Anyway...

I must admit I thought shops in general were quieter than normal for this time of year....

:C:|

I don't go to that Torchwood place , its weird .

Badger

number 2 mind your own business close, lichfield city, staffs ws00 0OO :P;)

Evans Electric

I think Lichfield have it right TBH plenty of car parks for a small place , not costing a fortune like B,ham. Also as I go with the Missus , the Blue Badge can get you parked, free, right in the Market Place ( with a modicom of luck), which is a blessing for anyone not very mobile .

Compare to The Bull Ring in B,ham ,car park probably full, long walk, steps, bridge, place is geared for younger people , lots of fashionable shops , high security, well worth a visit for under 50s , nowhere to sit down for the not so mobile.

While on the subject , a visit to Birmingham's German Market is worth a visit also . I heard someone say they now understood why the Luftwaffe flattened the city, so they could get the market in every year ....I couldn't possibly comment.