whirlpool sidebyside american style fridge freezer S20CFWW20-A/G

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sided

Reaction score
whirlpool sidebyside american style fridge freezer

Model Number: S20CFWW20-A/G

Brand: Whirlpool

Got the whirlpool sidebyside american style fridge freezer S20CFWW20-A/G model second hand .The fault to begin with was flashing display light above the ice dispencer ,but the next day i realized that it tripped the mains fuse .So can't connect to mains since it trips the mains fuse immediatley!

ps i checked the plug fuse is ok . Some people say its compressor !Ihave got emergency home breakdown insurance but it doesn't cover it since it's not integrated system.

I doubt its tripping the main 60A 80A or 100A main fuse?

as it would have blown the fuse in the fridge plug top first.. (3A 5A or 13A)..

More probably tripping a 30ma or 100ma RCD..

In which case a small amount of current is leaking to earth..

Age 1 - 5 years??????

If its 1 Years manufactures warrantee would cover it..

Ring whirlpool with the serial number they will tell you how old it is

And the cost of any suitable repair..

Welcome:coffee

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was made at 12:15 ----------

:Blushing Forgot to add...

Appliance Repair, Book an Engineer, Customer Service - Whirlpool UK - Whirlpool UK

Thanks trailer-boy ,give you an idea when i plug it to mains the whole eletrics in the house goes out .I then have to unplug it from the socket & go to fuse box to put the trip switch back on !!headbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbang:yawn

Can the whole house electrics be reset by turning the switch off on wall socket where fridge is plugged in or does it need to be unplugged?

If it needs to be unplugged then will it point to Neutral to Earth fault ??

Many thanks for ur support guys. :Y Been told to get extra insurance

What about the water collection tray at the rear of your fridge freezer? Is it full? They are know to be forgotten about and left to fill. Then they overflow onto the firdgefreezer electrics.

That's a good one Admin; The tray should be in the condenser

coil stack so that the heat evaporates the water. A bad door

seal can permit more moisture to enter the chamber and the tray

can, not always, fill quicker.

The other one is mould growing in the drain that does not allow

moisture to drain from the chamber.

Would a hand held clamp meter not be able to pick up the leakage

current and confirm if this was tripping the RCD?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks folks ,i left it for 3 or 4 days & now seems to plug in ok ,yet to establish the freezer & frige working to the right temp or not ,but the front module display panel light still flashes with a clicking noise every 1/2 second also ice dispencing light ! :C saw in one of the youtube clip says the module needs changing when this happens! bad day explode

Last edited by a moderator: