Claustrophobic Horse!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello! My other half has a horse, it is one of them coloured cob things. It is the nicest most well mannered horse you could ever imagine, and i do not like the things!! [understatement of the century] Despite this i can pick out its feet and allsorts!!

Anyway,

He [it?] will go in a trailer or lorry if you want him to, but gets very upset and frightened. The new problem is though, he is now in a new stable, new to him anyway. She brings him in every night when the weather is bad, has all his life [he is 19] Anyway, this stable he is in, he will not go to the back of it!! Put a hay net at the front, he will eat it all, put a hay net at the back, and he would rather eat the straw at the front!!!

Could it be cos it is rather dark??? perhaps if we painted the wall white?? Perhaps he is just nosey and likes to be at the front looking out??

Ever heard of something like this??

john..

Yea - horses are crazy.

Painting the stable white may help (traditionally using lime to whitewash). You could fit a light. Even something LED and solar powered - see if it makes a difference.

They can be very silly about minor daft things and ignore serious threats (had a friend with a horse that was bombproof - tractors could pass 2 foot away and not flinch, but if it saw a white flower it thought the world would end.........................)

Do remember a few points:

1. despite being crazy they make a delicious lasagne

2. It is important to pick out his allsorts regularly - glad you are doing so

3. coloured cob - never knew you were a gypsy.........

:D

Hmmmm, i always hated the stupid things, but my other half of one year has got one!! He is great ["he" is the horse, NOT my other half!!! SHE is called Zoe!!![thought it important to point this out!!!!!]

Anyway, he is great!! i went and turned him out this morning, put him in the field and he will run about with me!!!! So if anyone in the south wales area spotted a loony sprinting about a field this morning alongside a cantering horse, it was me!!!

The horse is a pikey mind!!! I asked Zoe if he knows anything about stripping cables, or, if when passing a church, does he attempt to climb onto the roof to remove the lead! Apparently not!!!

Love animals i do, they make a most convenient target for sportsmen!!!!!

john.....