• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted : Nexus 7

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WANTED

Im looking to buy a Nexus 7

considering I can buy a brand new one for <120£ and they are stooopid money on ebay, £80 &p+p  :eek:

anyone on here looking to offload one?

I know its not strictly the right forum, but it did seem the most suited.

I wish I'd bought a Nexus TBH. I bought an ipad mini 32GB and forked out £369 for it...... dropped it on a tiled floor. It was inside a well padded leather case but smashed the digitiser screen (not main LCD) - had a look on ebay after checking out how to replace the screen and reckoning it was an easy enough repair. I ordered up a screen which comes as a complete kit with tools etc to remove old one. Got as far as removing smashed screen, removing LCD, removing steel plate and unplugging the LCD which gives access to the digitiser connection. Then I realise the connection on the new screen looks way different. I wanst going to risk pulling something too hard or damaging so went to local PC repairere I know and trust. He tells me that the connection needs soldering and its way too small and complex so its a factory job. Basically not possible to do at home at all. Conceded to leave it with him to replace with compatible screen and pay £100. Put it down to experience,