Decent 5.1 Surround Sound With Optical Port?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP1675

Reaction score
Recently bought myself a PS4 and a new Sony Bravia TV, looking to add a new surround sound system soon but as my new TV only has two HDMI ports, I need it to have an optical port so I don't have to keep unplugging and replacing all the time. Any one got any suggestions? :)  

I have an onkyo amp it was about £400 back in the day but has more ins and outs than you could possibly ever need.

Richersounds is probably the best place to ask.

Just spamming....
See, I was thinking of going the whole Amp route, but it's bloody expensive.. I was only looking at spending around £200-£250. As cheap as that sounds, I'm not looking for PERFECT sound, just looking for sound good enough for movies and games. :)  

My niece's hubby has an Onkyo TX-SR705 and sounds great though he is having problems getting the laptop sound through it to the TV via HDMI........

Recently bought myself a PS4 and a new Sony Bravia TV, looking to add a new surround sound system soon but as my new TV only has two HDMI ports, I need it to have an optical port so I don't have to keep unplugging and replacing all the time. Any one got any suggestions? :)
You could always try a cheapish HDMI splitter/switch:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hdmi%20switch&sprefix=hdmi+switch%2Caps%2C254

I use one of the 3 port ones as my old telly only has one hdmi port, I'm not saying it's great but it's adequate enough for what I need it for.