Wiring Diagrams For Garog Roller Shutter Doors

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrahamAHitchcock

Reaction score
Hi I'm working on a roller door that is probably 25 years old and with no wiring diagram.

Anyone know where this would be available on here please???

I don't think there is a drawing on here from memory.

Try googling, there are a few on the internet.

However to be honest they are a reversing dol starter with some buttons & limits, they are quite straight forward.

Fairly simple controls as said before

Up contactor

Down contactor

Door open LS

Door closed LS

Up button

Down button

..........BUT........as with car lifts....make sure the motor is going the right way so that when the door is OPEN the OPEN LS operates and vice versa. If not then when the door is fully "open" if the motor is running the wrong way , it will be 'looking' for a signal from the "closed" LS. This can cause unpleasantness and an unwanted "unrolling" of the door over the top roller. Whilst amusing to watch it can be a right Alan Carr to put right

When we used to do car lifts they were always installed with the ramp raised about 1/3 up....just in case. A ramp unscrewing itself from the floor is not classed as "good"

Just saying

It seems though that I was wrong about Garog, well sort of.

garog have gone but their "intellectual property (ip)" that is designs and rights to product have been passed on to other companies, either by take ov, or purchase of assets from the liquidators I suspect.

So, in a way they are going, but they are not the Garog they were.

As far as the OP goes, sorry, I had fogotten about th previous threads.

There are a few diagrams kicking around it seems, and some other info.

I suspect the exact details of the wiring will vary door to door / control to control.

As I said in a previous thread it seems, some of the Garog door systems had extreme overtravel limits which prevent powered motion in either direction.

The drawing I posted is the one with a very small motor , ( although it handles the door via the gearbox)   The manual chain , when lifted into position , turns the motor ......this takes about 3 years to raise the door as I remember .    Something like 1000 ft of chain pulled  = 1 inch of door movement. 

Something like 1000 ft of chain pulled  = 1 inch of door movement. 
been there before... done one a while back, had to get the largest ladders into the room i could fit through the door / corridors, which only went half way up the wall. then had to use a stick with a DIY hook on the end to try and lift the chain from its perch onto the end of the motor, so i could get the shutter up enough to get the bigger ladders so i could get at the controls