DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
  •  

Countdown To Christmas!

Hybrid Rewire?

New Venture!

New Venture!

i was investigating some strange readings on a lighting circuit. Take the kitchen switch plate off, all good. New twin and earth, sleeved correctly. But.........about four inches above the switch, embedded in filler was a piece of choc block connector attaching the nice new twin and earth to the old, original red and black rubber/cloth insulated cable.......

Suspect I'm going to be carrying out another rewire of this house.

binky

there was a local contracor famous for this trick doing council properties many years ago, No-one could work out why he was cheaper than everyone else, until they checked his work one day...

Andy™

seen a few who didnt even go that far... new accessories (mostly...) and new CU. and if you were lucky, maybe a new bit of earth to gas / water if they were close

Evans Electric

Yes I've seen that quite a few times .  Years ago I was at someone's house ...." Oh you're an electrician ...we've just been rewired by the way , they were really good , did the whole house in a day "   

As he spoke I was looking up at two wooden fuseboxes  c/w hinged wooden doors with a glass window & 3036  porcelain fuses.      They merely replaced the accessories.

kerching

Yes I've seen that quite a few times .  Years ago I was at someone's house ...." Oh you're an electrician ...we've just been rewired by the way , they were really good , did the whole house in a day "   

As he spoke I was looking up at two wooden fuseboxes  c/w hinged wooden doors with a glass window & 3036  porcelain fuses.      They merely replaced the accessories.

Deathwish fuses? The ones where the fusewire is on the OUTSIDE of the carrier?...fused on L and N, isolated by a double pole light switch (resembling RRs finer assets) with a bar in between?

Quite a few like that still around here!....old dears that wont spend the money as it is still working ( and relatives that do not want to spend the inheritance!!)

Archived