Plumbers?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Why?......................this was a new socket installed the day before the water clowns turned up. 

My socket was as per drawings, the pipework was not & had to be redone

Plumbers covering sockets.jpg

I posted on here an EICR I did. A week later I went back to fit some smoke alarms and there was a new expansion vessel blocking access to the CU that I had been able to get at a week earlier.

Some tradesmen are either blind, stupid, or just don't care.

worst thats happened to me was 2x pipes coming down the wall, and my 1st fixed backbox unscrewed (and now held roughly in place by the cables from each side) to get the pipes behind. cut the pipes top & bottom of my box and re-fitted it. nothing was ever said

they are Engineers dont you know,  you dont get plumbers anymore, they are now all called Engineers.

There's one work's for our local housing association,he says he's a gas engineer and goes mad if anyone calls him a plumber,he fitted a Magnamole boiler cleaner at our kids house,now these things are supposed to stand vertically,there was over a foot of space above the boiler and for some bizarre reason he fitted it on a forty five degree angle.He's the same guy who came to sort out the control's on her heating,she had neither room stat nor thermostatic valves,this guy decided to fit both! Why?Anyone who knows anything about heating controls knows it should be one or the other.

Sensible doesn't come in to it. It's about getting the job done the easiest way possible so as to be able to leave as quick as possible. 

What beats me is why the plunge customer didn't query it??

There's one work's for our local housing association,he says he's a gas engineer and goes mad if anyone calls him a plumber,he fitted a Magnamole boiler cleaner at our kids house,now these things are supposed to stand vertically,there was over a foot of space above the boiler and for some bizarre reason he fitted it on a forty five degree angle.He's the same guy who came to sort out the control's on her heating,she had neither room stat nor thermostatic valves,this guy decided to fit both! Why?Anyone who knows anything about heating controls knows it should be one or the other.

The regs say that you should have both a room stat and TRV's (except for the room that has the room stat)... and also that a heating system in a new build should be split into at least 2 heating zones

The regs say that you should have both a room stat and TRV's (except for the room that has the room stat)... and also that a heating system in a new build should be split into at least 2 heating zones
only required to be zoned if over 150m².

Our house has under floor heating with an individual room stat for every room.

When we had the home report done for our house, the surveyor suggested we should fit "heating controls" to improve efficciency.  Muppet.

I was doing some work in a rental property today and was asjed to quote to replace the shower.

One quick look and I declined.

Flexi pipe emerges from the wall 6" below the shower, grouted into the tiles and enters the bottom of the shower. Who the hell would plumb a shower like that?