Contractors cut & bury cables

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
So it's a 10 pair BT & Openreach FTTP.

There was an enclosure around the duct & connecting to the duct that then carries the cable under the old bit of slab, the enclosure was flush with the floor level.

The contractors task was to extend the building & concrete the new floor level to match old slab keeping the BT enclosure in place............obviously went missing in translation & the cheeky clowns after cutting the cables folded the ends over & poured the mix over the top.

Site agent was a happy bunny when I had them dig up the 3 day old base :slap  even less so when they get the BT /Openreach bill, they pulled in new cables from the cab down the street :pmsl1:

BT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a bloke do that with an 11Kv on one job, ripped it open and buried it again, thing was the guy who hit it was the one who buried it. Then to put the icing on the cake, after we'd spent about an hour finding the damaged bit he spouts out " oh yeah, I hit that last week, it didn't go bang so I thought it was ok", It didn't go bang because it was a new cable and we hadn't energised it yet.