BOGE compressor error code

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
Clutching at straws a bit here but,

can anyone tell tell me what error code 11 is on a BOGE Compressor Basic control panel, please

runs for 10 mins....shuts down

runs for 2 mins....shuts down

runs for 4 hours...shuts down

....no uniformity to it

initial fault was a melted connection in main isolator....new ISO fitted

apparently this intermittent fault was present before the ISO swap

Apparently it is just called "Basic"

i know my bit is ok....all phases are to within a couple,of volts of each other. Ze is near enough same to not make a difference

start, run and idle currents all ok

All connections are tight...starting to wonder if there may be a moody connection on one of the Contactor internal contacts

but when it dropped out Compressor man said it showed an "11"....I cannot get it to 'not work', but he along with the body shop lads have reported the dropouts.

though I would ask on here as Comp lad is a bit stuck as am IIMG_1065.JPGIMG_1066.JPG

So what does error code 11 mean?

Or is the guy not a "Boge" approved repairer?

The codes are not in my customers book, I did look earlier.

The only error code 11 I can find is for a different control and its "service required".

Does the thing start up straight away after?

You need to find what code 11 is on the basic control imho.

You could try ACC Ltd in Widnes, they are quite good with Boge, and they are helpful, one of my customers uses them countrywide.

@Sidewinder

drops out

press reset

fires up,first time, everytime

he is not a BOGE man...he services their Ingersoll Rands and sort of got roped Into this one. He is contacting BOGE I was just trying to,help him as "he is a handy bloke to,know"

@Blue Duck

yep, it keeps waving a spanner at us!...it is due a service, maybe even "the Last Rites", just thought the Code 11 may have helped us

I will see what info he has found out when I see him tomorrow

The manuals I've got say error code 11 is 'service due'.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there was a differential pressure sensor across the air filter then it would throw a different error code.

Merely the presence of error 11, if it is service required, on that control, wouldn't be a fatal error it would be a warning or information level error.

The service indicator is probably not that clever, it's almost certainly based on running hours.

Plus, Kerch has said all the currents are fine, if the unit was struggling to draw air in then the currents would be wrong.

If there was a differential pressure sensor across the air filter then it would throw a different error code.

Merely the presence of error 11, if it is service required, on that control, wouldn't be a fatal error it would be a warning or information level error.

The service indicator is probably not that clever, it's almost certainly based on running hours.

Plus, Kerch has said all the currents are fine, if the unit was struggling to draw air in then the currents would be wrong.

I wasn't trying to diagnose the fault, merely stating that a worn or over used part maybe causing it to go into self preservation mode.

I have little knowledge  of these machines and was making assumptions. :facepalm:

Which reminds me I need to service the car, I shall start a just giving page coz I can't bloody afford it!

:lol:

I am at another client tomorrow who has a Boge with a basic control, I'll scab his book for a look and see what is there, but, at this point, I see nothing to doubt Lurch with the suggestion that 11 is just service due.

Going on the fact that the third hand Chinese whispers are that "there is an error code, and it is 11" doesn't say specifically that error code 11 is shutting the machine down.

A service due flag doesn’t usually result in a compressor or a blower shut down, it should just be an alarm signal only. A second level alarm may cause shut down but only after the first level alarm has been ignored and the situation has become critical.

There again, all our compressors and blowers were an integral part of the process so the alarms went to the relevant plant control room.

The trouble with some of these codes is if it's a cascade fault, I've had things display a fault code and there's been another code behind it.Then you have to go into another menu to find the original fault.

Cars are terrible for this one too, people buy a cheap code reader and it only reads part of the codes,on a cascade fault it doesn't give the full list, and if you are new to it you can spend ages chasing your tail.

For example you may get the following on a display,

error 1, you look up error 1 and it shows that a controller has gone into lock out, however if you dig beyond this you then find error 14, you look up error 14 and find out that it's a limit switch that has tripped for whatever reason.

Error 14, won't allow the the controller to start, that throws up an error 1, telling you that it won't start, which you already know, obviously, but you have to dig a bit deeper to get the error 14!

I had a grain elevator, last year with a fault on it, this was indicated by a flashing light, it pulsed to give you a number, and the number indicated the fault.we'd worked out what the number indicated, but that wasn't the problem, rang the manufacturer to try and get some advice and they said the fault was what was shown on the display, clearly it wasn't.

After about an hour poking about with a meter, I found a relay that was open circuit, that was controlled by a limit switch that was deep inside the machine, I reset that and the fault cleared. I rang the guy at the manufacturers to let him know what I'd found, just in case it might help somebody else, his response was amazing. "oh yes, I forgot about that, if motor 1 overruns it trips the safety switch and locks out, however very occasionally it causes that limit to trip also, very unusual though"

I wondered afterwards if he had genuinely forgotten about it, or did he not realise it would do that? Either way it was sorted, and we know for next time!