SECTT Test

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowie

Reaction score
Hey guys , new to the forum:)

I have my Sectt test on the 6th of April , i'm just wondering what should i study cause i'v read on this forum that the mock test and the real test are completely different X( ? Also i don't have all the grades to be an electrician (I don't think) but if you past your Sectt test is that all that matters?

Thanks guys , Bowie

Your SECTT test is a multiple choice assessment, it is relatively easy.

You say you don't have the grades to become a spark, I didn't have the best grades either but thats why you spend four years doing an apprenticeship.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum.

Well I got to be honest I dunno what a Sectt test is??? :_|

praphs I'm too old for the new fangled qualifications and tests and stuff? :|

But I can say......................

Hello Bowie, welcome to the forum..Guiness Drink

If someone else does know a bit more I am sure they will add their tuppence worth later! ;) :D

The SECTT test is an entry test into the apprenticeship scheme in Scotland, SECTT (Scottish Electrical Charitable Training Trust) I think. I can't really remember mine, it was 10 yrs ago but it is easier than I thought. 40 questions in 45 mins, (again think so) and all multiple choice made up off basic maths, general health and safety and common sense.

Hello Bowie welcome to the forum. Unfortunately there are occasions where members with suitable knowledge are not on line, bit of pot luck. Some posts can get very fast replies others can hang for a while before been picked up. Either way, replies when they come, will general be helpful and friendly. Nice having you here on the forum.

Doc H.

Thanks guys :) just stressed about it :( 2 more questions

1. If you fail is there a re-take a few days or a week after?

2. How long does it take to find out your results ?

Thanks for all the kind replies guys :D

1. If you fail is there a re-take a few days or a week after?

Firstly you won't fail, if your assessor is anything like mine he'll not want you too fail, ;) , remember there is a shortage of apprentices in Scotland.

Can't answer this one as I can't remember getting my results, in saying that i took mine after i started my apprenticeship.

1. If you fail is there a re-take a few days or a week after?Firstly you won't fail, if your assessor is anything like mine he'll not want you too fail, ;) , remember there is a shortage of apprentices in Scotland.

Can't answer this one as I can't remember getting my results, in saying that i took mine after i started my apprenticeship.
no wonder scotland has bad apprentices... might aswell skip the test!

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Good to have you onboard. :D

I sat the Sectt Test about February and Passed. Its not too hard.. just your timing to focus on.

All general knowledge questions and basic maths.. nothing that would require you to study.

If you want to do a bit of revision then just do maths questions which involve numbers in the hundreds, thousands upwards. In the test you have your calculator aswell so you'll be fine.. The maths questions work in the thousand's if I remember right but be prepared for more.

As for your grades etc.. I dont think that would matter too much. Then again some company's base their initial stage on grades and although you may pass the sectt test, some might be looking for the grades. Not a certainty though, just depends on the employer I suppose.

Also, once you sit the sectt test, you can have a re-sit but I'm not sure it's as quick as in a few days or a week.. Try more like a month!

It takes about 2 weeks for Sectt to contact you letting you know how you did then if you don't pass you would need to rebook for another assessment.

Also, I think you can only sit the Sectt test 2 or 3 times. But don't worry.. you'll pass it first time :D

Hope this has helped you..

Need to ask anymore then fire away :)

I sat the Sectt Test about February and Passed. Its not too hard.. just your timing to focus on. All general knowledge questions and basic maths.. nothing that would require you to study.

If you want to do a bit of revision then just do maths questions which involve numbers in the hundreds, thousands upwards. In the test you have your calculator aswell so you'll be fine.. The maths questions work in the thousand's if I remember right but be prepared for more.

As for your grades etc.. I dont think that would matter too much. Then again some company's base their initial stage on grades and although you may pass the sectt test, some might be looking for the grades. Not a certainty though, just depends on the employer I suppose.

Also, once you sit the sectt test, you can have a re-sit but I'm not sure it's as quick as in a few days or a week.. Try more like a month!

It takes about 2 weeks for Sectt to contact you letting you know how you did then if you don't pass you would need to rebook for another assessment.

Also, I think you can only sit the Sectt test 2 or 3 times. But don't worry.. you'll pass it first time :D

lol, You are not allowed a calculator in a SECTT test. That defeats the full purpose.

and yeh, if you sneak in a calculator you will pass it first time. Applaud Smiley

I sat the Sectt Test about February and Passed. Its not too hard.. just your timing to focus on. All general knowledge questions and basic maths.. nothing that would require you to study.

Hey thanks for all the info :)

3 more questions :p

1. What test lasts 25 mins and what one lasts 30 ?

2. How many questions is it per paper ?

3. What's the pass mark (if you know it :) )