VAT eh!!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I 'm creating a toilet downstairs  and I'm starting to wonder how much the government will be creaming off the project .

It involves moving the incoming supply  cable & meter to a meter box outside so I purchased some 3core   SWA  ,  gland pack, a new board  and sent a cheque to  the DNO  . 

HM Government  are already up on the deal by the sum of £174.00 .  

I still need to buy studding , plaster board , a loo , some copper pipe , some soil pipe , a fan , a light fitting .    Now ...should I charge myself VAT for doing it . ?? 

:slap    Should I go down to the pub , buy myself a pint , then when no  one's looking , slip myself a brown envelope with the cash in ...give myself a nod & a wink .... glance round furtively  and slip out the back way ???   

Nooooooooo! Then you fit in with the rest of Brum!!!

You're right , but I've been given a better idea  by an esteemed member .

Oh the old put it in the wife’s name and invoice her accordingly through the business ;)  

VAT eh....

Value added don't you know....

Down ere in la la land we being taxed for driving diesel vehicles now.

Oh and this congestion charge malarkey makes for a very expensive hospital visit.

Screenshot_20180206-172211.jpg

20180206_134907.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good grief  Ducky  .     Mind you theres talk of Birmingham following suit .     Is there  a Diesel Police  Force down there .  

This is just how Nazi Germany started !!!     (  Basil Fault y )   

Diesel police force? They all have diesel astras but don't think they have to pay to park? 

All done with ANPR these days that and all the cash parking meters have gone so you have no choice to cough up for driving a diesel.

Although I would have saved a few bob If I were driving a 6 litre v12 Bentley.

And yes councils everywhere will be jumping on the 50% increase in parking revenue ASAP. 

Some councils down here don't tax vans though, but I forget which ones....

Today's hospital trip was £25.50. £14.00 parking and £11.50 capita congestion charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
expensive houses and low wages, plus being overrun by hooray henry types buying firkin 'holiday homes' for £1.5m with their latest bonus..... It's lovelly down here, but a long way from everywhere else, and I can't really afford what I want to retire to, coz of the hoorays. 

Well the downstairs bog is done  , the government has pocketed a cool £215.00  in VAT .

A big chunk of that is the fee for the DNO to move the incoming supply  ...  £723.33   plus  £144.66 VAT