Hayfever cure needed...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody got any magical remedies. Been at it over a month now. Was up all last night sneezing, eyes and nose like taps, itchy throat :(

Ended up double dosing on the tablets, popping eye drops and eating crisps to scratch the throat.

Went to doctors yesterday he said........ keep up with the tabs and drops and see if it improves. November maybe, until then no chance. Was on net last night about 3 :_| and stumbled across the 'Hay-Band' might give it a go. Try owt.

Moan over.

Oh No. Haven't got a cure - but you have my Sympathy. :(

Whatever anti-histamine you are on - try another brand. Some suit some people better than others. Be careful taking too many esp longer term.

Have you tried the inhallers? Some have steriods and arn't suitable for prolonged use but they can make the world of difference to a bad night.

Currently on Loratadine after Cetirizine stopped working for me last year. Never been any good though. Also on cromoglicate eye drops (bloody hate putting them in). What inhalers are you on about. Is it a prescription thing? doctor wont give me anything else yet, think i need to complain more. I always seem fine when i go to doctors though its as though there is something in the air there that makes you ok. Then as soon as you walk out the door again. BANG! back to normal. I have a Ventolin inhaler as doco says I have seasonal asthma (triggered by hayfever allergy).

It's not at all, you have to take honey made from whatever it is that you are allergic to & it really does work.

I know this isn't a lot of help to you but nothing ever works for long as your body eventually builds up an immunity to it. I was diagnosed with hayfever at the age of 9 & was told by my GP "that I would grow out of it." Well I did but it took me about 20 years!

The only thing I can recommend is to use the aircon in your vehicle, if you have it, & to put an aircon unit in the bedroom at night.

Thanks for all the replies guys, Some good info. Got a Hay band today and a nasal spray. Going to try band for a couple of days to see if it actually does owt. Didn't know about the honey. Just need to find some. What do you call 'local'. I have no idea how to go about getting this. Will report on the band usage, but to be honest I have cut the grass today and been to the park with the kids. Expected to be a mess. Not sneezed once and eyes are dry, got a bit of a tickle up the nose but its only minor. Whether its the band or what I dont know.

Off to find a pooh bear, he'll sort me some honey out.

Barx, you can find out about types and sources of local honeys from the British Bee Keepers Association, which has literally hundreds of branches throughout the UK. Contact your local branch; here's a link to the list on the BBKA website:

http://www.britishbee.org.uk/local_associations_about_us.php

The great thing about these guys & girls is that they are passionate about bees, honey and anything associated, so will be able to point you in the right direction. Honey types are seasonal and there are many varieties (as well as blends), depending on the flowers at a particular time in the year.

As well as the local BBKA branch, you could try local health food shops. Many independent pharmacists stock honey, but it may not be all that local and may not be specific to particular flowers. Further investigation would be required.

From personal experience of hayfever, it is not down to pollen alone. Any airborne nasal, throat or mouth irritant that your body rejects can result in a hayfever-like reaction. In my case there are 3 specific irritants: pollen from the Broom tree, tobacco smoke and pollution, which all bring on hayfever reactions in differing degrees. Moving from central London to rural Yorkshire (pollution city to pollen country) has been good for my health. I still get hayfever, now mild instead of severe, and I can at least perform a full day's work without looking as though I need and undertaker!

Pyro.

I find that changing your anti hystathingy brand regularily helps, at the moment I'm on tesco own brand (cheap as chips ;) ) and there working great, but I'll switch to something else fairly soon so that I don't build up a resistance to it B-)

Heard about these a few years ago, don't know if they're any good??

http://www.anhealth.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.pl?id=medi1

they seem to be about